PROTECTOR (PT2)

You successfully managed to sneak into your room with Peter practically holding you up. You didn't realize how exhausted you truly were- with being in one of the hardest schools to get into, you had loads of homework a night.

Thank goodness for breaks.

You lazily shut your door as you headed to your bed where Peter was already sitting down. He gave a gentle smile, you replying with the same one, before grabbing him and pulling him up towards you.

"You're truly a miracle, Peter Parker." You whispered into his thick, cotton sweater to protect against the New York cold.

Peter smiled to himself, giving you a light kiss on your head. There was a reason he was called your miracle.

So many things had happened that day.

It was just another normal day at school, you sat with your friends and at the time, your boyfriend, Flash Thompson.

You had become close to him earlier that year and he finally got the guts to ask you out- for some reason you said yes. Now you two were always together.

He considered you a lucky one- making him self-centered and selfish towards you. It's like he didn't truly care about you unless you two were alone which isn't how it was supposed to be.

On this day, you were sitting eating your salad at your lunch table when you noticed Peter sitting down with Ned a few tables over.

You had always wanted to talk to him, to sit down and get to know him because he seemed like such a sweet kid. Flash wouldn't allow it.

You were getting up the nerve to stand up; however, Flash came in clutch, horribly timing himself, and sitting down next to you.

"Good morning." He said, giving you a kiss on your cheek, trying to continue it. Your eyes were glued on Peter however. You wanted to get out. No, rephrase that. You needed to get out.

The relationship was toxic, it wasn't helping but instead harming you. Every time you were alone with Flash, you were uncomfortable and he only made fun of people that were actually a lot kinder than him.

You pushed him off you slightly, giving him a firm, "Stop."

"Aw, come on, princess." He begged, glancing around at the attention that was suddenly being brought on by your actions. He smirked. He loved every bit of this.

"No." You said once more, still looking at Peter.

He tried to continue on.

You finally had enough, shoving him away from you before getting up and running out of the cafeteria, definitely causing a commotion.

You slumped down in the hallway near the chess club room, letting your tears finally overwhelm you. You hadn't felt this upset in quite some time.

"Hey, is everything okay?" You heard a male voice ask. You were scared it was one of Flash's goons.

You cautiously looked up, meeting two brown eyes who stared back, concern laced through them. Your eyes were stained with tears, still running down your soft cheeks.

"You're here." You said, not meaning for the words to come out of your mouth but they did. Your heart was pounding.

Peter cocked his head to the side. "What?"

You laugh cried some, grabbing him in a tight hold as you tried to calm down. "You're a miracle, Peter Parker." You whispered to him softly into the same cotton sweater he was wearing the day you two began dating and now.

"____." You heard your dad say, causing you to groggily look up from your sleeping position on Peter's chest who was softly snoring. Your dad raised an eyebrow towards the two of you.

"Can I explain it later?" You asked him, trying to go back to sleep on Peter's chest but your dad shook his head, forcing you out of your slumber mode.

-
"I thought I told you not to have him over after a certain time. Who knows what could've happened to the two of you!"

"What? While laying in bed?" You fired back, crossing your arms in response to his statement. Your anger was boiling and waking you up.

Your dad looked down at you, bringing a finger to your chest. "____ _____ Stark, I can make that boy stop seeing you within the snap of my fingers. I don't think you'll want to test the father figure side of me."

You growled in frustration. "Dad, what the hell do you think is going to happen to us! It's not like I'll get killed out there!"

Your dad looked you stern in the eye. "How do you know that! Queens is a dangerous place to live! Why do you think we're moving us all upstate to where the danger is at a minimum!"

"Dad, I know that Peter is Spiderman! You don't need to protect me from everything anymore when I have a boyfriend perfectly capable of doing it himself!" You finally released.

Your dad grew silent, pulling his finger away from you. He looked at you cautiously as you only nodded back in response to the knowledge he didn't know about.

"Yes, I know about Peter. I didn't leave when you told me to but it's good. It's good for me to know because now he won't have to lie to me and you won't either. You always preach about the truth being the most important thing that holds our family together but everyday, you keep a new secret from me and I'm sick of it. For once, I want to be in the know. I want to have a clue what's going on in my own boyfriend's life and even my father." You finished before turning around and walking back into your room.

-
"Hey," Peter said as you reentered the room, suddenly noticing how down you looked. Your usual pushed back, proud shoulders were slumped in a weakened position as you slowly walked towards him. "Everything okay?"

You shook your head, looking down at him as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"No, Peter. I told my dad about knowing who you really are and now he's mad. God, I'm not even sure what to do anymore. And he's moving us upstate!" You exclaimed.

Peter shook his head. "I will protect you. I did that day with Flash, I will do it again."

You nodded, a fragile tear slipping out between your closed eyelids. You felt him wiping away the tear before standing up and bringing you into a hug.

"I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Peter Parker, you are truly a miracle."

-
part three coming soon :).

treat people with kindness.

-katherine

🌈☁️