STRONGER THAN YOU KNOW

The dust was being kicked up from underneath your feet as you pushed yourself to keep running from whatever monster was trying to capture you, lock you up, and torture you until you couldn't withstand anymore torment.

It seemed like an endless runway of possibilities but only one was the prize to which you wanted to take.

You turned over your shoulder briefly to look at the oncoming enemy who simply had stopped chasing after you.

Your feet halted you to a stop as the dust picked up around it before smoothly settling back down to the ground from which it had aroused itself from.

"What do you want from me?" You called out into what seemed to be an endless abyss of nothingness.

There wasn't an eager response to your question.

"What do you want from me?" You called out again, hoping to get a glimpse of this creature that tormented you in a chase.

Your eyes scanned the area before you, looking through the settling dust clouds before seeing a shadow in the midst of it.

In fear, you pushed your hands out towards the figure- pushing it back with a wind so powerful, it seemed to be knocked off its feet.

The blue glow from your hands stopped as you opened your eyes to see the damage.

Nothing too serious.

Without hesitation, you faced the monster once again.

"What do you want from me?"

"We only want one thing of you, Ms. ______."

Your eyes blinked back the dust cloud once more, looking into the figure of a green skeleton looking object.

"Yeah? And what is that exactly?"

The thing chuckled, causing you to look at him with confusion before feeling the blast of the weapon to your chest.

In a frenzy, you woke up in your bed in New York, clutching your heart in a matter of seconds.

Looking down at your bed, you noticed small blue sparks coming from the tips of your fingers.

A sigh.

Shoving yourself up off the mattress, you walked to your bathroom where you splashed your face with water before looking back into the mirror above the sink.

"What the hell have I gotten myself into." You muttered quietly before drying your face with a towel and shutting off the light before walking back into your room.

You were in a tired and fearful state, not knowing what to expect around the corner.

"Hey, ____."

In fear, you shot your hands out in front of you and knocked the person off their feet as they landed against the wall.

You opened your eyes to see Peter Parker trying to sit up from the blast you hit him with.

"Oh my god."

Peter's eyes found yours as he stared at your glowing hands. You hadn't told anyone of this secret- it was far too dangerous and you needed to keep it hidden and contained.

"Uh, hi to you too, I guess? Why didn't you ever tell me about these kickass powers oh my god!"

Your worried eyes searched around the room for cameras. You couldn't be too careful. Anyone could be watching.

"I didn't want you to find out, Peter. In fact, you weren't supposed to find out because know Ned will know that you know something and you cannot tell Ned."

You went and sat down on your bed, some loose hair falling in front of your face as you stared down towards your hands.

"No one can know about this."

Peter dusted himself off and pushed himself to his feet before joining you on the bed. He looked over with a gentle, knowing look in his eyes.

"I can keep a secret, believe me. I've kept a secret from everybody for so long. It's not like you can't trust me."

You nodded, now tucking the hair behind your ear.

"I know, Peter. But I can't have anyone finding out about any of this. It's too dangerous for you, for me, for New York. If someone knows about me and my powers, everyone we know could be in serious danger."

Peter looked down towards your hands that were glowing the blue color as they continued to get more vibrant.

He placed a hand on your wrist and the glow went away suddenly. You looked up at him.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. I promise that I won't tell anyone anything about this. I was just coming to check on you tonight because you obviously weren't okay today in school."

You put a hand to your face.

"Yeah, I know. I've been having the bad nightmares again about my past life- or what seems to be my past life. I still don't understand how any of this happened. It's like Captain Marvel."

Peter nodded. "Yeah, it's a lot to take in honestly. What are the nightmares about?"

"Well," You began, "They start with me running. I'm always running. It's like, something huge in my life is chasing me yet I can't escape it. I can never see what I'm running from. Dust clouds surround me and my location. It's endless questions from me and no answer from the figure. It's just my fear getting the best of me."

Peter's eyes casted down towards the floor.

You stood up. "Anyways, what did you want to ask me? You clearly came here for a specific reason."

He gave you a smile, turning your heart soft.

"Well, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

You chuckled. "Peter, that wasn't the only reason."

He sighed. "I also wanted to tell you that Mr. Stark wants to meet you."

You looked down at your hands again before making eye contact with him once more.

"Is this a setup? Did Tony know about my powers and he set you up to bring me to him? Peter, I-"

-

part two coming :)

treat people with kindness.

-katherine