NETHERLANDS (II)

hope you enjoy :)
-

it was the next morning, at least you assumed it was morning considering you couldn't see anything. you were sitting on the bench, knees pressed to your chest, and you were playing with your bracelet.

beck walked in, sitting down next to you as you stayed seated. you didn't feel like moving.

"so," he began. he spoke slowly, as if he happened to speak too fast, it would break you. "you know i have to do this right?"

you didn't shake or nod your head. you just stayed still, playing with your bracelet continually.

beck sighed.

"i hate doing this. you really know i do. but we both know that even if you were out of this room- you couldn't do anything."

you looked over at him.

"why do you have to kill him?"

beck bit his lip gently, thinking over his words.

"he's found out the secret. i can't have him thinking that he's won."

you looked back down at your bracelet, continuing to play with it. beck stood up, beginning to leave the room.

"but he did, didn't he?"

beck turned around. "what?"

"he won," you said, smiling to yourself.

beck only shut the door.

when you thought he was far gone from the doorway, you pulled out the key he had dropped a few nights earlier. you had hidden it away under your pillow.

going up to the window, you looked both ways but only heard cheering and yelling from the opposite end of the building.

"come on, _____. come on. for peter. for peter."

you slid the key into the lock, turning it until it clicked. you slowly opened the door, peeking out to see no one but still hearing the cheering and chanting down the hallway.

you stepped out, taking the key with you, and ran down the other end of the hallway, away from the yelling. you turned a corner and saw a door.

you didn't hesitate.

shoving it open, you saw stairs leading down to some sort of other door and another flight of stairs leading up to a door that seemed to be guarded by something.

you took the bottom flight, practically skipping every other step as you made your way down. when you got to the bottom, all you saw was an exit sign above the door.

you looked back up, seeing how little time you'd have to run if you opened this door. you took a breath, trying to soothe your quickened breathing pace.

you shoved open the door, not hearing an alarm set off as you stepped outside into the heat of the day.

you were in the netherlands.

looking around, you decided to just start running. you felt like all the oxygen was leaving your lungs as you continued to run faster than you ever had in your life.

you kept going. you didn't turn around.

you just ran.

it seemed like forever that you had been running before bumping into someone harshly and falling to the ground. you couldn't get up- you were completely out of breath.

your eyes looked up to meet happy hogan who was standing outside. his face when he saw you was of shock.

"oh my god," he said, grabbing your hands and pulling you up. you felt like you couldn't even cry- you were so exhausted.

"happy," you got out. that's all you could say as he took you in his arms and helped you run towards a flower field that was nearby. you could see the jet that was sitting in the field.

when you got to the plane, you felt yourself slowly begin to collapse. you were so exhausted and felt like you couldn't breathe.

happy got you on the plane quickly, shutting it to provide some coverage to you both. once he closed it, you looked over and saw peter sitting in the chair, running a hand through his hair.

"peter," you whispered out softly.

he turned, seeing you before you suddenly just collapsed to the floor. you could see him rushing towards you, cradling your head in his lap as he reached for your hand.

you could see the tears in his eyes.

that's before you shut yours.

-
when you woke up, you were laying out on some of the chairs, a blanket draped across you and peter's jacket was also on top of you.

you grabbed his jacket slowly, sliding it on over your body. your head was pounding, and your hands were cold. you sat up quickly, scared you were in that room still.

peter rushed over to you, grabbing your hand in his as you put a hand to your head.

"_____, you have drugs in your system. you can't sit up so quickly, okay?" he said gently. you nodded, laying your head back against the wall of the plane.

peter looked at you, carefully watching your every move before you just started crying.

this alerted him as he sat behind you, cradling you in his arms as held onto his arms tightly. you didn't want to let go, you couldn't seem to let go.

"hey, hey," he cooed softly. "it's okay. it's okay. beck isn't here anymore- he can't get you. he can't get you again. not if you're with me, okay?"

you nodded, wiping your eyes gently with the back of your hand as you pressed yourself further into his warm hold on you. he looked down at the top of your head, kissing it gently before tightening his grasp on you.

you were scared.

you were terrified he'd get you again.

as for peter? you were scared he was going to kill him.

-
part three now!!!

treat people with kindness.

K.