NOT INVINCIBLE

"No, I'm pretty sure that the real answer to this would be to marry Peter Parker rather than date him." Your friend said, munching on some chips before spinning back to her computer in her spinny chair. You rolled your eyes with a smile, rolling over your bed and faced the bottom of the top bunk, seeing the many comic strips taped there. 

Peter Parker was your savior- he inspired you to save many people. One day you hoped that you could do the same things he did and save many people along the way. Maybe even work beside him. A true dream come true.

There was a knock at the door that interrupted your thoughts. Your roommate turned to face it, glancing over at you who continued to sit on the bed, staring at the comics. 

"Yeah, I'll get it." She sighed out, clearly annoyed but you ignored her tone. 

You stared at the different taped up pages, observing everything that was happening in the different scenes of the strips. It wasn't any fake comic- this was a true man's history.

"Hey, _____. It's your boyfriend." Your roommate said before sitting back in her chair and going back to writing her assignment while munching on some potato chips. You rolled back over onto your stomach and pushed yourself up off the bed. 

"Hey," You greeted him as you reached to grab your coat. "I was just-"

"Staring at your comics again?" Miles asked, chuckling a little at the end of his sentence, looking over at your embarrassed face. "Hey, I get it. I think I've read them all through at least four times."

You shrugged out a smile. "He's my hero, Miles. He is so inspiring and brave, and helping all these people out? It is crazy he isn't dead yet." You grabbed the key to your room, sliding it in your coat pocket and told your friend goodbye.

Shutting your door, you turned back to face Miles who was staring at you with a smile. 

"What?" You asked with a gentle laugh. 

He smiled. "Nothing. It just feels like life is going perfectly with you in it. It seems like everything is going the way I want it to." 

You smiled, grabbing his hand in yours. "Let's just see what your parents think of this when you have to tell them. Better keep me qued in on how smoothly it's going to go after that." 

Miles chuckled, still holding your hand as you two made your way down the stairs and towards the door that allowed the freedom of the city. "Of course I will. I am not about to torture you with that."

You nodded, noticing the light of a flashlight headed towards the staircase the two of you were on. "Shit." You muttered quietly under your breath, pulling Miles off towards the darkness of a doorframe. 

"It's the security guard." You told him as he nodded, peeking out to see the flashlight light bouncing up the staircase. You began to hold your breath, scared of what might come. You didn't feel anything but a tiny pinch as you looked down and noticed a spider.

You slapped it off of you, facing Miles once more who was keeping a finger to his lips while the light turned the corner and walked down the opposite direction that the two of you did. Miles took ahold of your hand, pulling you towards the exit.

You both exited the building after the whole ordeal and began walking the streets of Brooklyn. 

"It's dangerous out here at this time of night. I do not understand why you insist on seeing people at this hour, Miles." You told him, wrapping your arms around yourself, trying to keep the warmth in your body. 

He smiled, placing his coat around your shoulders as you sent him a soft smile in response to the nice gesture. 

"Uncle Aaron will understand this, ____." 

You shivered, nodding in response. 

"I hope he understands like you say he will."

-

The next morning, you woke up and felt somewhat dizzy and sweaty. You were confused as you slid your skirt on, grabbing your hairbrush to brush your hair and feeling it get stuck on your hand. 

"What the hell?" You muttered, hearing a knock on the door. Your eyes looked panicked as you opened it, seeing Miles standing there. You forced a smile, holding your hand behind your back as he gave a smile.

"You ready?"

You nodded. "Just give me a minute to fix something. I'll catch up to you."

He nodded, exiting the room as you frantically went to your comics, seeing the same reaction from Peter Parker in the comics. You studied them for a minute, noticing how he realized who he suddenly had become.

"No, no, no." You said to yourself, pulling off the hairbrush and tossing it on your bed. 

You had classes today that you couldn't just skip out on. Maybe take a sick day? You might have to when you considered the circumstances. 

"Hey, Miles?' You called out, trying not to touch anything in fear of your hands getting stuck. 

"Yeah?" He called back. 

You fake coughed, trying to make it sound somewhat convincing. "I don't feel so good so I think that I'll just stay here." 

"Oh, okay. Is everything okay?" He asked. You smiled at his thoughtfulness. 

"Yeah, just a cold. I'll see you tonight." 

"Okay, love you." He said before the two of you paused in your tracks. You couldn't keep this secret from him now that he expressed that he loved you. 

Putting up your best front, you called him into your room. He came in looking like a nervous wreck from his previous words. You wiped off the sweat on your forehead as he looked at you.

The two of you began to speak at the same time. Miles paused, urging you to go forwards. 

"Okay, Miles, first thing. I do love you, so much, so there is no need to worry there." You began, earning a soft and at ease smile. Oh, how you're going to miss that smile of his. "Second thing, I think I'm turning into Spiderwoman or something."

Miles just stared at you, wiping off the sweat from your forehead. You felt dizzy and nervous for his next few words. "How do you think so?"

You sighed, jumping up and hanging on the ceiling from your feet. "Is this enough proof for you?" You asked him before dropping to the ground. There were nervous tears in your eyes "I think it was from the spide that bit me the night we went to see your uncle."

Miles continued to stare at you. "Wow. Uh, I'm not really sure what to say."

"If you want to break up with me, I understand." You forced out. 

Miles looked taken aback. "No! No, that isn't what I'm implying at all. I will help you get through this and understand it all. After all, you did say you wanted to be like Spiderman."

"In the way of helping people not actually becoming him!" You exclaimed, stressed tears building behind your eyes. Miles tried to calm you down. 

"Hey, it's okay. We will figure this out together. But, hey, I think it's pretty cool to say that my girlfriend is Spiderwoman." He said, smiling at you.

You wiped away the tears to laugh. "I really do love you, Miles Morales."

-

I just watched Into the Spiderverse again & I LOVE THAT MOVIE SO MUCH!!!!

treat people with kindness.

-katherine