WARM HEARTED

it was one of those warm nights for once.

peter was excited to finally be able to spend some alone time with you. he had been wanting it for a while. ever since that night in london that had nearly caused you two to die.

when you opened your door, you saw him drop down from the ceiling in front of you as you let out a yelp, putting a hand to your heart.

"dear god, peter," you said, laughing. "you have to stop doing that."

he smiled, getting your heart racing as you looked up into his eyes. when the staring contest ended, you took off your coat and tossed it onto a chair nearby while peter got out of his suit and into a pair of sweats and a t shirt.

"so," you began as you slipped into one of peter's t shirts that was in your large collection of stolen items. you proceeded to slip on your sweatpants and put your hair into a ponytail. "how's happy and may?"

peter sighed, plopping down onto your bed as you turned around and faced him, putting on some chapstick.

"what?"

he sat up on his elbows, staring over at you.

"it's nothing," he muttered but you knew something about them was bothering him. you began walking over to him, taking a seat next to him.

"somethings up, peter," you said softly.

he looked up at you, seeing your eyes calmly looking him over. he smiled slightly, grabbing your hand in his as he held onto it tightly.

"i just think it's weird, you know? for my mentor's security to be dating my family member?"

you chuckled, laying down next to him while you continued to hold his hand in yours.

"yeah, i get it, peter, but," you said, watching as he laid down next to you and stared over at you. "you're going to have to let the adults do what they want. it's their choices."

peter nodded.

"i know, but it's gross!"

you laughed, rolling over so that you were laying on top of him now while you stared down at him. he smiled, using his free hand to brush a piece of hair away from your face as he continued to stare at him.

"have you talked to them about it?"

he shook his head, his free hand now holding onto you while his other hand was still interlocked with yours. you continued to stare down at him from your position.

"i should, shouldn't i?" he questioned.

you shrugged.

"i think it would be a good idea. maybe it'll put your mind at ease, you know?"

he nodded, smiling at you.

your eyes found his again as you blushed.

"what?"

he couldn't even express what he was feeling. he felt so grateful, so lucky, so blessed all at once and there wasn't a single word to describe it all.

"i love you," he said.

this was the first time either of you had said it. as many dates, weeks, memories, days, moments spent together- you two had never said the three words until now.

"i love you too," you told him gently before pressing a brief kiss to his cheek.

you got up from your position, pulling him up with you. he looked down into your eyes with a smile while you closed your eyes when he stroked your cheek with his thumb.

it was a gentle and tender touch.

peter smiled.

you were so vulnerable with him. you were just so at ease and beautiful.

you pulled him into your arms, holding him tightly to you while resting your head on his chest. peter rested his hands around you as well, smiling to himself.

he loved you so much.

-
:)

i saw far from home again tonight for the third time but this time with the extended cut scenes soooo ;))

treat people with kindness.

K.