I'M SO SORRY

"Peter Parker was the love of my life, he cared about people so much who, even if they didn't care for him, he protected anyways. I was with him for four years, through middle school and up until now. He will always be the love of my life- even if he isn't here to hear me say it. He knows it in his heart. I just wish the people he was trying to stop could've hear it too- to understand what they'd be killing. Peter Parker, you'll always be with me in my heart and wherever I go. I love you. I'll see you on the other side, swinging away at your Spiderman duties. Peace out."

A few tears dropped off your cheeks and onto the paper you didn't even need to use, everything came from your heart.

You sat down slowly, sitting right next to Aunt May who grabbed you in her hold as soon as you were sitting, holding you tightly.

Memories of you and Peter came and went, flashing like Morse code to signal tears and reflections full of happiness now turned sad.

"Peter, I'm not buying you that!" You laughed loudly as he stared at the window of the shop. He turned to you with a frown.

"Aw, why not?" He asked, grabbing your hand and staring back at the window.

"Because," You began, staring up at him, "It's weird to wear your own costume."

He looked back down at you with a smile, pressing a gentle kiss to your forehead as the two of you continued walking to his apartment.

"Besides, I already have my Spiderman right here." You told him, clinging onto his hand as he just laughed softly in response.

Tears were beginning to flood your vision, causing everything to go blurry. That was the week after you found out he was Spiderman.

Everything seemed to change from that moment forward- danger increased, crime seemed to increase, and protection and safety decreased.

"How long, Peter? How long have you been genetically modified by this spider?" You asked him, a frown crossing over your lips as you crossed your arms.

Peter ran his hand through his hair, clearly stressed and anxious about everything that just happened. His gloved hand that held his mask tossed it onto his bed, giving his full attention towards you.

"About three months. Only Mr. Stark knows about this and I can't have anyone else finding out. I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but please don't tell anyone."

You stared up at him, tears still in your eyes but you reached your arms out to him. He gratefully took you ahold in them, causing you to lose some oxygen.

"Uh, Peter, love," You began, loosely holding onto him. "You're kinda crushing me, honey."

Peter nodded, worry laced in his irises all of a sudden. "Oh, sorry. I forgot how much muscle I've gained from this."

You smiled, pressing a light kiss to his cheek. "I'm not complaining about the muscle, love. Just make sure I can breathe next time."

He laughed with you, pressing a kiss to the side of your head.

Aunt May snapped you out of your thoughts, causing you to look up at her. "It's time." She said, grabbing your hand as the two of you walked to the edge of the grave where Peter's casket would be laid into.

You watched it as they lowered it into the ground, covering the casket up with dirt before allowing people to place flowers.

He was really gone.

For good.

Aunt May held onto your hand still, trying to hold back her own tears.

"I miss him so much." You told her softly, ready to break down. "I don't think I can do this anymore."

Aunt May made sure to keep her grip on your hand, but was ready to let go if you needed to go have time by yourself.

"Do you need some time alone before people come to the visitation and remembrance?"

You nodded, wiping the building tears.

She nodded, giving you a tight hug and allowed you to run off. Ned noticed, following after you.

-
You made it to the bathroom, uncontrollably sobbing in the bathroom when you heard a knock.

"Hey, _____, it's Ned."

You didn't wipe the tears from your face but opened the door and shoved yourself into his arms.

"He's gone, Ned. I can't believe he's gone for good." You told him, getting tear stains on his tux.

Ned frowned. "____, Peter wants you to be happy in life. He wanted to be that light and happiness for you- but now that he's gone, he wanted me to give this to you."

He held out a letter, causing you to take it from him and hold it tightly.

"Should I open it now?"

Ned shrugged. "Whenever you're ready too. Don't rush into it." He told you as you hugged him once again.

"Thank you, Ned."

-
It was later that night as you sat in the window sill, looking out into the city with tears in your eyes. The letter Ned had given you from Peter was sitting on your desk.

You were honestly terrified to open it.

You got up, crossing over to the desk and taking it in your shaking hands. You went back to the window ledge, opening the letter and setting the envelope gently on the sill.

You saw a long letter, and some Polaroids you had given him. Your heart was beginning to break once again.

With tears, you pushed towards to read the letter he had written out in his handwriting- making your mind think of him.

_____, my love, it's been a wild ride together. Four years together and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. However, danger calls and I always answer. I wouldn't be writing this letter if I wasn't scared for my life. It's going to be hard not seeing Ned or Aunt May ever again- especially you, sweetheart. If you're reading this, it means Ned did what I told and he delivered his promise. It also means I'm gone for good. I'm not coming back this time like I've done before, love. I'm sorry for letting you down in such the worst way possible. It must be awful having to experience me being gone but I'm always with you- no matter what. Not physically but emotionally and mentally. Promise me that you will take care of yourself- no matter how hard it might seem at first. Suddenly the sun will begin to shine again and maybe you can go get that job at the bagel shop you've always wanted. I don't want to see harm come your way at all- call Mr. Stark if you do need anything though. Know my home is always open to you staying there if you need to. Also promise me that you will stay by Ned and continue being his best friend because I'm not there to do that anymore. You're all he has left. I would hate for my best friend and girlfriend be not as close because of my passing- I love you both too much. I don't want you both to be alone in this scary world- trust me. I know what it's like and how it feels- don't do that to yourselves. _____, I love you so much, to the point that I'm crying writing this letter but I'm the only one who can stop this from happening so I have to at least try. I love you so much. Tell Ned I say hello. I love you. xx Peter

You wiped the many tears falling down your face, holding the letter tightly to your chest as you looked at the photos.

Memories full of happiness and joy.

The movies, first date, kisses, popcorn, food, everything cute imaginable with the nerdiest moments as well.

Star Wars marathons, Star Wars and Star Trek debates, comic book talks.

You looked outside the window again.

"Hope you're swinging safely up there, my love. I'll see you soon."

-
treat people with kindness.

-katherine