VENOM (II)

this has been edited!!

//

You had bathed off your body, stepping out of the shower and noticing the large t shirt and a pair of running shorts laid out on the bed for you. Along with a proper set of undergarments.

You slipped the shirt and shorts on after the undergarments and put a pair of fuzzy socks on your feet before walking back downstairs.

All the avengers were sitting around, waiting for you to be done as they had light conversations about what you had described to them.

Upon arriving downstairs, you went straight to Peter and pulled him close to you, burying your head in the crook of his neck where his small curls were.

You inhaled his scent, keeping your arms wrapped around him tightly.

"So, ____, describe this encounter exactly."

"It was scary, full of weird smells too. It smelled like old onions and burning rubber. The thing was black and had large, alien eyes that were as white as snow. It broke into my apartment and took me."

Mr. Stark nodded. "Steve, we all need to get together and talk about this sometime but the kid is clearly exhausted and just wants to be with Peter, so I think we can continue this discussion later."

Steve nodded. "Sounds good to me."

//
You were laying with Peter later that night as he played loosely with your hair. Your head was resting on his chest and he sat back on the pillow.

"Peter."

"Hm?" He asked, glancing down at you.

"All I thought of was you down in that sewer. The things that happened, the things I saw or smelled. The things that could've occurred."

Peter continued to stare up at the ceiling. "___, what exactly happened? It felt like you were holding something back."

You let out a sigh, sitting up on your elbows to stare at him. "Uh, yeah, there was more."

Peter took his turn to sit up and look at you. "You kept something from Mr. Stark?"

You nodded, awkwardly rubbing the back of your head as you tried to focus on the facts. You had to keep it a secret. He would come after you and kill you this time. Leaving nothing but a dismantled body.

"You can tell me."

You shook your head, tears slipping down your smooth cheeks. You had to keep it in.

"I can't, Peter. As much as I want to tell you, I can't. He'll come back and kill me this time. That was a threat, this time it'll be murder."

Peter frowned, getting out of the bed and walking out of the room. You heard the door shut softly behind him and the sound of him going downstairs.

You pressed your face in your hands. "God." You whispered, feeling like an idiot. You couldn't speak, you couldn't. It was forbidden.

//
There was silence for about an hour before a knock at the door came. You looked up from staring at the blankets messily covering the bed sheets.

Your eyes met one of a tired, yet stressed Tony Stark who made his way over to you slowly.

You felt your heart begin to beat faster than normal, it was scaring you. What did Peter say?

"Mr. Stark?"

He sat on the edge of the bed, looking over at you. "____, Peter told me that you were holding something back from Steve."

You felt a little bit of nausea fill your throat.

"You need to tell us what it was. We need to know everything or else we can't figure out how to stop whatever the hell this thing is." He finished, staring at you.

You felt sick to your stomach. Peter had never done anything like that before. He always kept what you told him privately, to himself. He never spoke a word about anything secretive to anyone else. Betrayal? Maybe. But perhaps it was for your own good.

You wanted to open your mouth and speak but instead, you stayed quiet. Vile was bubbling up in your throat and you knew if you spoke, it would come out.

Tony was still staring at you, waiting.

"____, we need to know."

You opened your mouth, feeling what was there come out. You felt burning tears in your eyes, sweat forming at the brim of your hairline.

You got up quickly, rushing to the bathroom and getting the rest out. You felt sick, sick for doing that in front of him and for thinking you could speak.

Violent sobs began to escape your mouth.

Tony knocked on the door several times before sighing. "Listen, _____, you can tell us tomorrow morning but we need to know. I'll clean up the sheets but please, please, tell us tomorrow."

You shook your head, a headache forming as you closed your eyes in that bathroom.

Silence began to build.

It was forbidden.

//
this has been edited :))

treat people with kindness.
-katherine