PROMISES

author's note: nope, i'm not dead :) & neither is this book! saw no way home for the fourth (& final :( ) time tonight and my lord i was a mess :/ anyways, enjoy!
-

the last couple of days had been hell for not only peter, but also for you. after his identity was jepordized, himself and everyone that knew him was no longer safe. you were sitting on your bed as you examined the photos you had around your room of you and him together when your phone began ringing. you picked it up, seeing it was peter as you answered.

"hey, pete," you said, smiling tiredly at him. he smiled back at you, but you knew him far too well at this point. "you're not okay, i can tell."

he sighed, looking off towards the side. you turned to lay on your side as you continued to admire him. 

"i always forget that you know me far too well," he muttered as you nodded, awaiting his further sentence. "i'm just overwhelmed. i went from being loved and helping people to these people now hating me and believing the guy who nearly killed me in london."

you nodded, tucking some hair behind your ear. 

"pete," you began as he nodded. "does a part of you feel relieved by all of this? i mean, you had to hide it all inside and pretend to not be someone you are for a while. i know that it's a really treacherous time at the moment, but deep down, is there any part of you that thanks mysterio in that way?"

he took a second to think about it before responding.

"i think it's hard to know if i am or not with the current situation," he muttered as you nodded, looking over at the picture frame you had on your desk of you and him. "i'm just glad that i have you, ned, and mj. i only really need you three, but especially you."

you smiled sweetly at him, sitting up as you let out a small sigh. 

"i'm glad i'm by your side in all this," you told him truthfully. "because, truthfully, i'm not sure what i'd do without being there for you. it's funny how you went from worrying me about skipping out on dates and being late to things to then being out fighting crime while i sat home and knew and now it's this." 

"we've been through a lot together, _______," he said softly. 

you nodded, resting your head on your knees. 

"i'm excited to see you tomorrow," you told him. 

he smiled back, running a hand through his hair. 

"me too. it'll be good to see you again," he responded as you nodded with a shy smile. 

"i love you, pete," you told him gently as he kept the same smile on his lips.

"i love you, too."
-

the next day at school was chaotic, to say the least. security guards, barricades, newscasters, and many opinions on the current situation about your boyfriend. walking through the hallways was overwhelming and you had to stick with your friends and boyfriend all of the time. 

during lunch period, you and peter had snuck up to the roof as you both took a break from the chaos downstairs throughout the building. 

"gosh, if i could just escape this forever," he muttered, taking a seat next to you as you leaned over and rest your head on his shoulder. he laid his down on yours before hearing you speak once more. 

"i think that the hardest thing right now is not letting it get to you," you told him as he nodded, finding your hand as he held onto it. 

"i'm sorry, _______," he said. "you don't deserve this."

"peter," you said softly as you sat up to look at him. he nodded, waiting for you to continue. "i'll always be here for you. i'm not leaving you just because it's messy right now."

he smiled at you nervously. you could still sense his hesitation, so you pressed your lips to his briefly before resting your head on his chest. 

 "we'll get through this together, pete. i promise you."