GIVE HIM A CHANCE

ENDGAME SPOILERS
ENDGAME SPOILERS

<< ps: i saw endgame for the third time today & i sobbed so much during tony's scene again>>

The snap had caused heartbreak and destruction, everyone knew that. It made things that were once possible become impossible.

Everything seemed to remind you of Peter.

Small things like certain food destinations he enjoyed, books he used to check out of the library, or little locations he hid in for spiderman duties.

As each day passed, life seemed harder and harder without Peter.

Until one day when Steve Rogers showed up at your home with Natasha. Your sad eyes looked up towards the two, seeing Scott Lang enter shortly behind them.

You looked up at Cap, tears running down your cheeks as you slowly got to your feet. He kept his eye contact with you. Without warning, you pushed yourself into his arms.

He held back onto you, feeling your slightly shaking body as tears ran down your cheeks. When you let go, Nat came over and pulled you into a hug.

"We might have a way to get him back," She told you softly. Your once sad eyes turned into eager ones as you looked up at her.

"Tell me."

-
Pulling up to Tony's house gave you a sense of fear. Not of Tony, but for Tony. For what Thanos had done to him- what had been caused to happen.

Nat turned around to face you as you stepped out of the car. She stuck out her hand, hoping you'd take it. You did.

Nat was like your motherly figure now.

All four of you walked up to where Tony was standing. Cap started first.

"Tony, it's good to see you," He began, giving him a light smile. Tony merely nodded back in reply, looking over at everyone who came. When his eyes landed on you, you could see the sense of dread and the feeling of sadness overcome him.

He felt responsible for losing your boyfriend. For losing your best friend. For losing the one person you loved and trusted the most.

"Hi, Mr. Stark," You choked out.

You were the only one who received a hug from Tony Stark- he felt responsible for these emotions you were dealing with.

"How you holding up?"

You shook your head. "Not well, if I'm being honest."

Tony lightly kissed the top of your head and gave you one last squeeze before walking back over to his chair.

"Tony, we have to try. We owe it to everyone who isn't here to try," Nat spoke up. Scott also chimed in.

"There is a way to navigate through the quantum realm. We just a big brain to get the job done. We can bring back everyone."

Tony sighed.

"Time travel is the most deadly thing to do. It's impossible. It's just simply impossible to navigate through an atom field," He said.

"Mr. Stark?" You spoke up, everyone turning to face you. Tony looked over at your tear stained cheeks.

"Mr. Stark, I know how hard it is to lose people you love dearly. It's now happened three times in my life," You said, having to pause. "But part of the reason we keep living is because we know that there is a chance that we could see them again later. I know Peter is out there, I know he is. But we won't ever get him back if we don't try."

Tony looked over at you and sighed.

"____, the navigation system for another realm besides our own is nearly-"

"Is nearly what? Impossible? You know what else is going to be impossible if we don't try? Getting Peter back. Please, Mr. Stark. I miss him so much, not a day goes by that I can't stop my mind from wandering to the worst. I need him back, I have to get him back. You just need to be willing to give him a chance. I know you and him were super close- I know because Peter and I used to talk on the phone for hours at night. He told me all about his internship, about how much of a nice person you were, how much he saw you cared for him even if you didn't show it on the surface," You said, pausing to hold back sobs. "He said you always got back up and tried so if you can do that for all these people out there- you can definitely do that for my Peter now."

Cap shifted his gaze from you to Tony.

"Like I said, it's impossible."

-
part two coming now :)

treat people with kindness.

-katherine