MYSTERIO (III)

hey y'all: back again💀. i didn't even mean to take a month long break between chapters but i got really caught up in life.

also, this will include mentions of manipulation and such and i'm not sure if anyone is triggered by that so just a heads up in case.

also- we don't victim blame the people in life who have been manipulated. it's not their fault. just another heads up.

also, in this series imagine them (_____ & peter & their classmates) aged up a couple years (they'd be about 18/19). also, imagine mr beck aged down to around 26/27!!!
-

peter had no clue when he'd even get you back or if he'd get you back at all. it had been a few days without him being successful of being able to find you from the man he feared the most.

meanwhile, you had grown comfortable in the presence of his enemy. he had manipulated you- gotten you to be on his side. it wasn't even that you were on his side, you were all just for him. you didn't care much about the rest of his team.

he treated you well, he spoke to you softly yet also sternly enough to keep you in line from leaving him at times. he said he would protect you. he said that he wanted to keep you safe and by his side in case anything happened and you believed him because why wouldn't you? he was keeping his promises to you and only a quarter of them to peter.

peter would be so disappointed if he saw what happened.

one evening, you were sitting in another one of the rooms away from everyone when he came over to talk with you about what was about to happen.

you looked up at him as he approached you.

"wondering where you were," he muttered, sitting down next to you as you kept looking over at him. he could see your eyes softening every time they landed on him.

he remembered the first time your eyes ever landed on him- you were scared, angry, hurt. your eyes showed no soft spoken emotion but, here they were now.

he had you.

"i didn't want to be in there or anything," you muttered back softly to him, continuing to look at him as he smiled at you.

"i don't want to interrupt anything if-" he began but you shook your head, grabbing his hand as you pulled him back down to his seat as he began to leave.

"you're fine," you told him, still staring at him.

he chuckled, looking at you while you stared at him intently. you moved a little closer, still staring at him as he furrowed his brows a little in confusion.

"what are you doing, _____," he muttered.

"nothing," you replied, still staring at him. he raised his eyebrows in response to this as you kept your eye contact with him.

you didn't want to look away.

he had you completely.

"_____, you have a boyfriend," he reminded you as you continued to look at him.

"you promised to protect me," you responded.

he nodded slowly, slightly confused. you stood up walking, closer to him as he got a little more confused. you took a seat beside him, your legs touching as you stayed close to him.

"you did a better job than peter did," you told him.

he knew this was because of his manipulation he did to you. he wasn't sure how you managed to get from it that he liked you or something but, that's what your mind was going with.

i guess you focused on the protection and soft spoken voice factor he used on you and you correlated that with liking someone.

you leaned over, laying your head down on his shoulder as you stayed there. your hands moved up to hold onto his arm as you stayed close to him.

he let out somewhat of a sigh of relief- thinking you were planning on kissing him or something. he knew that he wasn't letting it go that far.

"you're the one i have," you said softly, closing your eyes as you began to relax even more just by holding onto him. he looked down at you, seeing how you were so comforted by his presence.

william called over to him, walking into the room as beck looked over at him.

"we need you," he said, noticing you laying there. "quentin."

he looked back at you, seeing how relaxed you were once more before looking back at william.

"we didn't do anything else," he said. "all she's done is just look at me with this certain look of likeness and now this. that's all."

"she has peter, i thought?" william asked as beck nodded.

"i got her," he muttered. "she said i do a better job at protecting her and that's what i'm going to do because it's my responsibility and one promise i'm keeping to peter- to protect his girl until she can get back to him."

"then, why is she all over you right now if you're gonna just get her back to him eventually?" william asked.

beck shrugged.

"i'm assuming when i told her that i'd protect her and every time i speak with her gently, she associated that with love and since she hasn't been able to be with peter or do anything with him, she puts it to me because i'm always there for her to check on her throughout the days and nights," he said.

"nights?" william asked. "you're visiting her at night?"

"she asks for me too," he muttered back as you stayed place where you were.

"quentin, you've got to cut this off and get her back to her boyfriend. i mean, look at her right now. this should not be happening."

he didn't even look at you. instead, he moved his hand to be on top of one of yours as he held tightly while staring at william.

"she's my only way to surely get peter here. he will always find her."

"what if they've already left europe? it's been, like, a week."

he shook his head.

"i just know," he muttered. "there's no way he would leave without her.