SWEETNER

You picked quietly at the food on your plate, listening to every word between your parents as they talked at a moderate pace in the kitchen.

"I know, but she doesn't understand that what I'm doing this for is to protect her from all the dangers. I understand that Peter can protect her, but I'm not sure how invincible he is."

This was their third conversation of the week that involved your boyfriend, a guy you had been dating for three years now. Even with his new superpowers, they still couldn't fully trust him.

Pepper sighed. "Listen, Tony. I think she just wants you to see her point of view. She's a very adventurous girl, and Peter helps that! Especially with his new strength? He's very protective of her."

Your dad sighed, grunting out in annoyance. "Pepper, do you know what kinds of things I've had to deal with? I don't want her dragged into this!"

You set down your fork, getting up from the table and grabbing your sweater that you're pretty sure was Peter's at one point. You headed out the door, down the stairs, and straight to the coffee shop.

-
You entered to the smell of coffee, spices, and fall scented candles that surrounded the aura of the atmosphere.

Looking around, you saw Peter sitting at a table, notebook and papers spread around him while he quickly wrote down all the answers to the problems. You gave a smile to yourself.

"Hey, Pete." You said, hands shoved in your deep pockets while standing behind the chair that was currently occupied by his backpack. He looked up upon hearing your voice.

"Hey, babe." He gave a cheeky smile, motioning to sit. You laughed slightly, walking over and giving him a light kiss on the top of his head before noticing all the work he was doing.

"Are you behind again?" You asked, noticing the scribbled handwriting of chemical formulas and math equations. "Peter, I told you to tell me if you get behind. I'm here to help you."

Peter sighed. "Yeah, but I hate asking my girlfriend to do all my work. All I want is keep you without my stress on your back."

"And you don't think you swinging around buildings at dangerous hours of the night going after villains doesn't give me stress?" You replied.

He nodded, looking up at you before collecting his papers, shoving them in his binder as he placed it all in his backpack.

"Maybe we should just go." He said, grabbing your hand from your pocket. You hummed at the connection, moving closer to him as he walked out of the coffee shop and onto the cold New York streets.

"Peter, my parents are talking about you again." You said to ease the conversation out of the silence. You felt him tighten his grip on your hand.

"Does your Dad not like me?" He asked, shivering slightly as the wind blew around you two. His backpack was practically frozen to his back from the cold.

"No, he does. He just has trouble seeing how a kid at your age could protect me." You replied, swinging your hands slightly. Peter 'hmph'ed at the end of your phrase, earning your attention.

"Peter?" You asked, pulling him to a stop.

He looked at you, staring deep into your _____ colored hues. "Yes?" He asked.

You let out a sigh. "You bring out the better in me, and for that I'm forever grateful. And even if my parents don't see it, I do. Truth is, I love you, Peter Parker. From the bottom of my heart, I do."

Peter couldn't hold back his jittery smile, giggling slightly as he pulled you into a tight hold. You laughed back, feeling him press a kiss to the side of your head.

"Truth be told, I love you a lot more, ____ Stark." Peter responded to your statement.

-
awwwww

treat people with kindness.

-katherine

🌈☁️