PARALLELS (II)

"So, what exactly did Ned tell you about this thing?" Peter asked, his hand in yours while you kept a straight face.

"Well, he said that it's really dangerous. It could destroy our dimensions and Miles if he stays here too long."

"Me?" Miles asked, walking up from where he had fallen off of the tree. "What do you mean it could destroy me?"

"Well, with you not being in the correct dimension, your cells are confused. The atoms in your body won't be able to keep you alive for much longer because they can't reproduce like they do in your dimension."

Miles stared at you for a minute before looking away. "So, what you're saying is that I need to get out of here now."

"Yes, but the only way to do that is through the portal from King Pin but if he turns that on again- the entire city of Queens could be destroyed."

Peter held your hand tighter, feeling the fear surging through your body.

"Come on, guys. We still have time to figure this out. Let's get some rest tonight, it's been a long day- especially for Miles."

You nodded. "Yeah."

-
"Do you honestly think that the two of you can stop this from happening?" You asked Peter while putting one of his long sleeved t-shirts on over your chest.

Peter sighed, laying back on his pillows as Miles sat atop the bunk bed above Peter's. He was trying to keep quiet to make the two of you assume he was asleep so he could get any information possible.

"I believe in Miles, are you saying you don't?"

You shook your head, laughing a little. "No, I really think he can do this. He seems very intelligent, and he seems like a good kid. I'm just frightened."

Peter beckoned you over to where he was sitting. He pulled you into his embrace. "I understand that. But we can do this. We truly can."

You sighed in his hold, making Peter grasp onto you tighter. "I promise you, ____. Everything is going to be okay. We just have to get Miles back home before he's gone forever."

You nodded. "Yeah, of course. I just really don't want to lose you in the process, Peter. That would break my heart."

He nodded, pressing a gentle kiss to your lips and pulling away slowly as you laid your head down on his chest.

"I will not leave you. I couldn't ever do that to you. Why would you do if I did leave though? I want to know what you'd do just because it might happen some day."

You took your head off his chest, shaking your head. "Peter."

He nodded. "It's okay, ____."

Your eyes looked over his, searching for any sign of urgency to not reply to the question but there seemed to be nothing.

Miles sat in the silence as he waited for you to answer the question that Peter asked you.

"Well," You began, "First, I would be grieving because you're a lot to get over. Second, I would come check on Aunt May until her final days come. Third, I would try to move on because as much as I do love you, Peter, you'd tell me that eventually I'd have to move on with my life and on from you."

Peter only pressed a light kiss to your forehead, watching as your eyes shut in response.

"You're going to do great things in life, ____."

You chuckled. "Hey, that's only if you leave me and," You continued, pressing your finger into his chest, "If you even dare to leave me any time soon, I will literally kill you."

He chuckled. "Alright, ____. Well, we should probably get some sleep because we don't know what tomorrow holds."

You nodded, rolling off of Peter's grasp and onto the spot next to him as he turned off the light on his nightstand and collected you back up in his grasp.

You smiled, pulling yourself towards him more.

"I love you, ____." He muttered before falling asleep, making your heart flutter at the words.

-
"So, what's the plan of action today?" Miles expressed his interest in the topic of shutting down whatever King Pin had in store.

You sleepily rubbed your eyes as Peter swung in from the window from a late night mission that woke you up this time.

He was usually quieter.

"Well," Peter began, pressing a soft kiss to your cheek that made you smile. "We're all going to go to school and by the end of the day, it should be time for more training."

Miles shook his head in confusion. "School?"

You nodded, standing up and stretching. "No matter the level of danger or threat, Peter and I have to go to school first. It's something that just has to happen. We can't have people being suspicious."

With that, you smiled over at Peter before exiting his room and into the hallway where you thanked Aunt May for everything and went home to change into school clothes for the day.

Miles looked back Peter tossing his suit into the closet near his main door.

"So, we're just supposed to go to school then?"

Peter nodded. "Yeah, we have to. I have not only a secret to keep but grades to maintain. I don't want to raise suspicion."

Miles nodded. "What can I get then? I need something other than my suit to wear."

He nodded, tossing him some jeans and a shirt. "I gained a lot more muscle when becoming Spider-Man so it should fit you nicely."

Miles nodded. "Thanks."

With that, he got dressed into the shirt and jeans, tossing on his older sneakers.

"Let's go." Peter said, giving him a smile.

-
part three on its way.

treat people with kindness.

-katherine