I LOST IT

Peter was always one to be happy about mostly everything- he always seemed so delighted to do anything, especially because of his internship he wouldn't quit telling you about.

You didn't know he was Spiderman at the time- but you thought it sounded totally awesome to interning for someone like Tony Stark.

However, when Peter came sat down at lunch, he looked so- upset and down about something and you immediately knew something was up.

He stared aimlessly at the tray of food in front of him, slumping over himself, as he couldn't stand to eat or make eye contact with either of you.

You glanced from Ned to Peter.

"Hey, Pete. Everything okay?" You asked him sweetly.

Peter merely nodded, still staying in the same position as your eyes met Ned's and you both knew something was up- that something bad had happened.

"You want to come over later still?" You asked.

He merely nodded once more- making your heart hurt more than before. You hated seeing him so down, especially if you didn't know what about and if you couldn't help him.

-
"Ned, I think I need to do something to cheer Peter up." You told him as you walked to your chemistry class.

He looked over at you. "What are you planning on doing?"

You shrugged. "I'm not sure. I just know that I don't want to see him down. I've seen him at his lowest points- this included."

Ned nodded. "I've never seen him so down about anything so I can only assume that this is serious."

You nodded, your heart pounding loudly in your ears as you watched the floor pass underneath your feet.

"Oh, by the way, can you come over tomorrow to help me finish the Death Star if Peter doesn't want to?"

You laughed. "I'll come with or without Peter. I want to help you with something entertaining because every time I help you- it seems it's always with girls or with homework."

Ned laughed along. "Yeah, you're right. Well, I'll text you about it later. Tell me how it goes with Peter tonight."

You nodded as you both exited to your different classes- the thought of helping Peter weighing heavily in your mind.

-
That night, you slipped on your coat over your (well, Peter's) Star Wars tee, pulling your hair out from underneath the collar of the coat.

You grabbed your phone and began your walk down the streets of New York as you considered what you were going to say to him. You didn't know what had happened- but it had hit him hard.

People smiled and greeted you as they passed by, and you merely smiled back- just like Peter had done with you and Ned today at lunch.

You made it inside the building of their apartment, taking the stairs, and reaching their floor to find their apartment.

You could hear Aunt May banging a few pots around as she tried out yet another recipe as you knocked loudly on the door.

She opened it with an annoyed grimace but it relaxed into a smile when she saw you. "Hey, ___! Peter is in his room."

You thanked her before setting your coat down on their small table beside the door and you walked towards Peter's room where you could see him laying on his bed with a frown on his face.

"Hi, Pete." You said, softly, as you walked into his room to see him.

He looked as if he had been crying for a while now. You sat down next to him, allowing him to move his head into your lap, as you ran your fingers through his hair gently.

"Is everything okay?" You asked him.

He didn't say anything but covered his face with the sleeves of his long sleeved t-shirt. "I've lost it." He mumbled into the tear soaked sleeves.

"What?" You asked.

He sat up, looking at you with tears running down his cheeks. You stared- this took you by complete surprise.

"I've lost it."

You tried to regain your composure. "Lost what, Pete?"

"The Stark Internship."

Your face became in awe and surprise as you pulled him into your embrace immediately after he said it to you.

"It's okay." You cooed. You knew how important and meaningful that internship was to him- and your heart broke when you heard this news.

"What happened?" You asked gently.

Peter didn't let go of you but held tightly. "I just work really hard- and he just- I-"

You shushed him, rubbing your hand up and down his back. He didn't loosen his grip from you.

"Do you need me to stay the night?" You asked him.

He nodded, his hair tickling the side of your face as you nodded, letting out a sigh, and held onto him like your life depended on it.

-
Later that night, you had finally convinced Peter that he needed some sleep. You made him sleep next to you- so you could keep an eye on him and whenever he wanted your cuddling.

Your phone rang as you stared at a sleeping Peter, making you reach for it to answer.

"Hey, Ned. Everything okay?" You asked, your eyes walking over his wall as you stared at the posters and pictures Peter had hung up in his small bedroom.

"Nothing much, just wondering how Peter's doing. What happened?" He asked.

You sighed. "He lost the Stark Internship. I finally made him go to sleep though, he's right beside me."

Ned sighed into the receiver. "I know Mr. Stark wouldn't just let him go like that. He'll get it back- he has too."

You nodded, even though he couldn't see it. "I have to go, Ned. I'll talk to you tomorrow but thank you so much for checking in."

Ned smiled. "Anything for you two."

You hung up the phone, laying it down on his desk as you sat back down beside Peter, watching as he slept so peacefully. He was beautiful.

You didn't want to wake him, but you knew May's policy about girls so you just got up on his bed, laying on top of the blankets as you stared at the bottom of the other bed.

You heard a groggy "____?"

You sat up to see Peter rubbing his eyes as he walked over to you. You scooted over some as he tumbled onto the bed, sleepily wrapping an arm around you as you smiled.

"Peter, you know May's policy." You whispered quietly to him.

"I'm upset." He mumbled back, his arms practically whining for you to let them embrace you. You gave in- how could you not give into him?

Peter hummed contently in his sleep as you allowed yourself to fully be held by him.

"Thank you." He murmured.

You smiled, running your hand through his hair briefly before pressing a light kiss to his cheek.

"I'd do anything for you, Pete. Anything."

He smiled, his eyes opening to look at your smile.

"You have a pretty smile." He said quietly.

You laughed gently. "So do you, Peter."

You both smiled at each other for a little while until you looked away, trying to contain the rising heat to your face. Luckily, it was pretty dark in his room.

"I love you, you know." Peter said, before pressing a kiss to your nose. You laughed, crinkling it up in response.

"You're loved more than you could ever know, Peter Parker."

-
awww
also- lowkey liked how this started out so sad and you're like well shit, here goes the disappearance of my happiness and then POOF. it's suddenly cute & fluffy & all around adorable.

-katherine