(41) Christmas

Hi! Short time no see, hehehe. Get it, because I just posted a chapter three days ago, and now here's another one! Wow, who am I?! Lol, I am trying to write as much as I can now because it's finally hitting me that I really start school in less than a week. Anywaysss let's not talk about depressing thoughts right now. I'm as surprised as you are honestly that this chapter's done already, but you ask and I deliver! I got home and just thought to myself: I'm gonna sit down and not get up until I finish this chapter. Albeit, it's a little short but it's either this or no chapter for a little bit. So anywaysss, enjoy and I apologize for it being a little on the short side.

************************************************

"Wake up." I shook Nathan's bare shoulder with my hand. I was up at six in the morning, aka crack of dawn for me. I actually had a good reason for it today, though. After all, everybody knew I had a holiday alarm permanently attached to my brain.

Nathan groaned in response and switched from laying on his back, to lying on his side.

"Nathan." I whined, irritated that he wasn't waking up. I thought he woke up early to work out and run or whatever, why was it so hard to wake him up right now.

"The sun's not even up yet, why are you awake?" Nathan mumbled, not opening his eyes. Was it a bad time to think that his morning voice was hot as hell? Ah, hell, whatever. I could think it whenever I wanted to.

"Because it's Christmas, duh!" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. He did not seem excited about this, that wasn't going to work for me. The only thing I loved more than Hallowen, was freaking Christmas. The house was decorated to perfection, courtesy of my mom and me.

"So?" Nathan said into his pillow.

"So?!" I repeated, voice raised with surprise. "So, it's the best day of the year! Wake up, I have pajamas." I shook Nathan's bicep. Nathan peeked one eye open.

"Pajamas?" He repeated. I nodded with a grin.

"Pajamas. Matching ones, I got some for everyone. Now, get up. If you stay in bed any more, we're gonna be late." I said.

"Late for what?" His other eye opened, looking up at me in confusion.

"To open presents, duh." I didn't even try to suppress the grin on my face.

💜

"Mommy, look! Aunt Wivvy got me makeup!" Lily's big blue eyes widened with excitement as she showed Alyssa the plastic palette that was shaped like Minnie Mouse. Alyssa's brows furrowed as she looked at our younger sister.

"Kid's makeup, from Claire's, don't worry." Liv held up her hands in surrender. What I had always found strange over the years of dealing with these two is, they wake up the morning after a fight and talk as if nothing happened, and that's what had happened a few days ago. I was just grateful they weren't trying to use me against the other anymore.

"Awen't the cowors pwetty, mommy?" Lily held the Minnie Mouse palette in front of Alyssa's face, too close to even really look at it.

"Yes, sweetheart, they're beautiful. You're going to make sure you don't make a mess with it at Grandma and Grandpa's house right? And especially not at home." Alyssa gave Lily a pointed look, who nodded firmly like a soldier.

"Yes, mommy." She responded. I watched them with amusement, before sighing and getting up to head to the kitchen. When I walked through the door, I knew I would find Nathan in there. What he was doing in here, I wasn't totally sure on. 

The matching red pajamas we were both wearing with christmas trees on them looked ridiculous on him, since I'd really only ever seen Nathan in neutral colors. With his back to me, and his head bowed low, I knew he hadn't heard or seen me come in.