(38) Meeting the Family

Hehe, hello! How are you?? Summer's been amazing so far, managed to write, and have fun and go out at the same time, all the while waking up at 12PM everyday! Anyway, lol, I would like to announce that you're about halfway through the story right now, so don't worry, you still got a long way to go. Lots and lots happens from this point on, most of it will be good! You'll love me, then hate me, then love me again! But the more I write by the outline I have for myself, the more I entertain the thought of more chapters and originally, the book was supposed to have 50 chapters, and I'm not even near what should've happened by now, soooo it's gonna be a tad longer, 10-20 chapters longer or even more than that, we'll see! Anyway, enjoy!!

**************************

Fuck, we were here. How did we get here so fast? I just fell asleep. I hadn't even meant to fall asleep, just rest my eyes.

"Are you ready?" Nathan asked me. I chewed on my bottom lip as I shook my head. How could I be ready?

I was nervous, and the opposite of someone who was 'ready'. I was convinced I would never actually be ready.

"I just really hope my dad's in a good mood. I'm going to go out first, my parents can be a little...emotional, so once they die down I think it'll be the best time to bring you in." I nodded at the strategy I came up with in my head.

"You make it sound like we're making a plan to go to war." Nathan teased me with a small grin. I glared at him.

"Yeah, that's the point. Jake didn't prepare himself for the worst and he ended up getting the worst, so it's better to prepare both of us, because I'm really praying my dad doesn't try to scare you like he does Jake. Considering he's full of shit and everything that comes out of his mouth is solely to scare you, he means nothing by it." My dad was so good at his words, he almost had me believing him with his threats.

"Yeah you're right, maybe you should go in first." Nathan scrunched his nose and I nodded in understanding.

"Good, we're in agreement. I'll be right back, okay?" I pressed a quick kiss to his lips and unbuckled my seat belt, taking in a deep breath before I opened my car door and closed it once I got out.

I punched in the garage code, and sucked in a breath as the garage door folded up. The house was quiet...too quiet, and if I didn't see my mom's car in the open garage, Jake's and my dad's in the driveway, I'd think no one was home.

Also if I didn't know better, I'd think the quietness was normal, but nope. That meant they were all watching from inside. Point proven when the door leading to the garage opened as soon as I took a step towards my childhood home that had such a homey feel to it.

My mom rushed out the garage door and squealed as she pulled me in for a tight hug. I smiled at her show of affection and hugged her back.

"Hi, mom." I greeted her and she pulled back to look at my face and cupped it with her hands. Her blue eyes glossed and she began weeping as she pulled me back into her arms in a death grip.

Oh my.

Okay.

"I missed you too, mom, but I can't breathe." I struggled to get out of her tight grip.

"Oh, my baby. I'm so sorry." My mom instantly pulled back to cup my face again. "I just missed you so much." Her bottom lip quivered. I sucked in my bottom lip. I had just seen her last month, we haven't been away from each other for that long.

"I missed you too, mommy." I said, feeling like a little kid again. It was true though, I missed her. I just wasn't a blubbering mess like she was about it, but that was just my mom.