F i f t y - O n e

Hello there!

You all must be wondering where I've been for the last couple of months after I promised a chapter to you guys.

I'm so freaking sorry about that.

I haven't been in the best mental health for the last 2 or 3 years now. But in the last two months, it all has hit an all time low. There's a lot going on in my life rn. Don't really have anyone I feel comfortable talking to. So I just didn't feel as if I could actually write. Sorry for that again.

Moving on, You'll must have probably forgot what happened in the last chapter so here's a recap;

Recap:

After a crazy make-out session in the office to get to the company's official papers and to destroy Kyle Finlay, Avery finds out that their plan has gone awry since Kyle knew about it from the start. Following an almost fight between James, Jace and Kyle, Avery ends up going home with Kyle.

At night, Kaleb ends up sleeping on the same bed with Kyle and Avery. Kyle tells a story to his son which sounds like it isn't just any story.
Does he still care? Is there any hope for them to end up together? Maybe. Maybe not.

Avery wakes up in the morning, finding an unexpected or maybe even an uninvited guest in the kitchen. Brittany, her former step-sister.

Lockwood goes to beg Kyle to leave Avery out of all of this. Later finding out that a maybe everything isn't just as simple as they thought it was. Is a friend just a friend or might end up becoming a foe? Rhett, Avery's friend, just might be working with Kyle. Everything's all messed up. Who knows who's lying and who's the one telling the truth now?

If you guys still don't remember anything, please skim through the last two or three chapters.

Alright, now here's the chapter that you guys have been waiting for.

***************

Third Person POV:

Kyle Finlay stood alone, staring outside the window of the darkened room with his hands in the pockets of his custom tailored suit, after James Lockwood had left.

The other men started filing out of the enormous meeting room surrounded in shadows of darkness, only one man didn't take his leave.

"What do you want, Rhett?" Kyle asked slightly irritated by his presence while still staring out the window, his back facing Rhett.

"I want you to know that just because I helped you, doesn't mean that I'm on your side or whatever. I'm only doing this for my mom. As soon as she gets better, I will tell Avery everything." Rhett said, with anger and resentment echoing in his tone.

When he was starting his plan, Kyle knew that he needed someone whom Avery cared about to coerce her into going with his plan after the marriage happened. It was after when Kyle had discovered that Rhett wasn't Avery's boyfriend but just a friend and that Kaleb was his, Kyle approached Rhett. Conveniently, Rhett's mother was diagnosed with leukemia around this time. Rhett didn't have that much money and he was almost at his breaking point as his mom was dying day by day and he couldn't do anything to save her, when Kyle had offered to pay all expenses if Rhett helped him.

All had fallen right in place for Kyle Finlay. As it always did.

"Oh, and how are you going to do that?" Kyle asked turning around to face Rhett. He still maintained his calm and composure as he glared at him with eyes as cold as if they could freeze the ocean. Kyle turned his eyes towards his men that were standing in the shadows and a second later three guns were pointed straight at Rhett's head. "Do not mistake my hospitality towards you as a sign for weakness. You will be gravely mistaken. My men would shoot you in a heartbeat without me even having to lift a finger and no one would even know where you are or if you are even alive." Kyle said, putting his hands back into his pants while strolling towards the door as one of his men stepped forward and opened the door for him.