F o r t y - E i g h t

So I'm back! Thank you guys for waiting like a whole month for me. It's been so long since I've written anything that I actually forgot what I was supposed to write next...

Recap: After Avery signs the papers of her father's company to Kyle and Tate, her ex-father, She secretly follows Kyle and his uncle, Giovanni Demarco, to an hidden warehouse where she sees a man with a thick accent making some kind of deal with Kyle for one of his father's worker and that that her biological mother had been murdered and possibly raped by Kyle's men. The last chapter ended up with her phone dropping on the floor from shock and everyone discovering that she's there. 

                                                                     ***************

Avery's POV:

At first I didn't speak anything. More like I couldn't. The room completely submerged in silence and no one spoke a thing as they waited for me to say something. My voice clogged up as a lump settled inside my throat. Very slowly I voiced out as if still in disbelief while walking towards the room full of people, "What do you mean by 'Lockwood's lover'? My mom!?" My eyes widened as I croaked out the last bit in horror.

My voice echoed around the walls of the dirty and abandoned warehouse as I stepped into the dark room. 

Giovanni Demarco, Kyle's uncle was just standing still while watching me, waiting for my next move. The man who was making a deal with Kyle was standing beside Giovanni, creepily smiling at me.

Kyle, Giovanni and the man, who I didn't know of until now,  were all surrounded by men in black suits holding guns in their hands, ready to protect their bosses.

I looked around the room at everyone for an answer but as soon as my eyes met Kyle's guilty ones, I knew that it was the truth. 

My mom was dead.

It was then I realized that I was surrounded by blank mindless rage. And before I could do anything my legs were sprinting to the man who had killed my mother.

"You fucking bastard!" I said flinging my fist across the guy's face. His creepy smile disappeared as my fist contacted his cheek and he stepped back a bit. His dark black hair messily settled on his forehead as some blood trailed down his mouth.

"Damn I wasn't expecting you to punch that hard." The man said in his thick accent as he wiped the blood on the side of his mouth. "Then again you are the daughter of James Lockwood after all." 

"I'm going to kill you!" I said furiously as I got ready to scratch his disgusting face but then an arm came around my waist, holding me back. I tried to kick, scratch, bite, whatever I could to loosen up his hold on me so I could go and kill that filthy piece of shit.

"Avery." I heard him whisper against my ear.

"Let go of me, Kyle! Or I swear to God I'm going to kill you too." I said trying to kick him as he held my body tightly in his arms.

"Pleasure doing business with you again." The man said as he shook hands with Giovanni Demarco.

"You too, Mr William." Giovanni replied, shaking the man's hand.

 "Now I must leave as my son must be waiting for his new birthday gift." William said gesturing towards the boxes filled with guns laid out inside the warehouse.  His eyes met with Kyle's as he slightly nodded his head towards him. 

As he was leaving, his eyes fell on me as he winked towards me and I felt Kyle's arms tighten around my waist. I gave him a disgusted sneer to which he just wickedly grinned and walked out of the warehouse, followed by his armed men.