S e v e n t e e n

I turn my chin music up
And I'm puffing my chest
I'm getting ready to face you
You can call me obsessed
It's not your fault that they hover
I mean no disrespect
It's my right to be hellish
I still get jealous

Avery's POV:

When I came downstairs dressed up for my morning classes, I realised Jace for sitting in the kitchen eating some cereal and Addison was nowhere in sight.

"Oh look who finally decided to wake up!" He said half chuckling and half-grinning.

"Hey, where's Addison?" I said, smiling as I dropped my books on the counter and started fixing myself some breakfast.

"That nerd wanted to go early so that she could have time to study for her test- God, I wonder how we're even related-So she asked me to be your ride for college." He said smiling while shaking his head. He surely had a soft spot for Addison.

Addison and I usually went together to college. Since I had no one to go with, I nodded at him. Grabbing the sandwich I made in my hands, we started walking towards his car.

Wow. It was some red-convertible expensive sports car that I'm guessing I cant buy even if I sell both my kidneys.

"Get in, loser. We're going schooling" He said and I look towards him in shock and amazements and the next seconds we were laughing our asses off.

"God, I thought only girls watched mean girls." I said between laughs.

"Oh come on that movie is an all time favorite." He says and gets in the driver's seat.

The whole ride to college was fun as hell. Well fun for me. I put the radio on and guess what? One direction was playing. My childhood self was screaming.

"Everybody wanna steal my girlllll.... Every body wanna taaaake her awayyyy... Couple billion in the whole wide worrllldd....Find anotherrr one cause she belongs to meeee....." Just by seeing Jace's face disturbed and cringing gave my more confidence and I started singing louder.

We were on campus now, I opened the door and Jace said, "God, my ears hurt."

I glanced back and Jace looked shocked and in a daze. Poor Jace, he was traumatised for life.

I started pacing towards our lecture-room when I realised that we were already five minutes late. Jace took no time running and catching up to me.

"You know officers wouldn't need weapons if they had you. One song and they'll all be dead." He said and we both started laughing at his joke.

We entered still slightly laughing. Kyle's face came into my view as he was smirking at Matt but that slowly dropped when we both entered. His and his bipolar mood? Jace winked my way and we took our seats still grinning.

Matt and Jace, Kessa and James sat beside each other since they were partners. Thankfully, the professor still wasn't here so I guess I had some free time. I look towards Kyle who was sitting beside me. Instead of his usual smirk, his jaw was clenched and he was now looking towards the window.

I stared at him for a minute or two then tapped on his shoulder and asked him,"Hey, what's wrong?"

His head abruptly swung back and his furious eyes came to meet mine. He clenched his jaw in fury as he shouted, "What's wrong, Avery? What's fucking wrong? What the hell are you doing here with him?" He said as he moved his hand in his already perfectly disheveled hair.

I look back confused at him, "What do you mean? He picked me up and drove me from my hou-"

"You two came together?" He asked as rage took over his features and he looked even more furious than before. A foreign emotion crossed his face that I couldn't comprehend as his Adam's apple bobbed up and down. He shook his head and let out a scoff. "You know what? I don't even even care." He said.