T h i r t y - F i v e

Warning: This chapter will make you absolutely hate Kyle. Actually not hate. Loathe him. Good Luck!!

Avery's POV:

It had been two days since it  happened. And in these days I had come to the conclusion that it was just a moment of lust. Nothing more.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that lie and you might actually come to believe it too but girl, we all know the truth.

Ignoring the bitch that was in my head, I continued typing on my laptop. After that day, I have been completely ignoring Kyle and Well, Kyle? He didn't really seem to be such a big fan of being around me too. Now he tells Mrs. Amber what he wants me to do and Mrs. Amber would come to me and convey his order. Everyone behaved their usual way like absolutely nothing had happened that day.

The thing that scares me the most is that I don't think we would have stopped if Mrs Amber hadn't knocked on the door that day. I don't think we wouldn't have stopped at all.

"Miss Avery, I think you would have to go to the party tonight as Mr. Finlay's assistant instead of me." Mr. Amber came towards my desk with a panicked expression on her face. "I was called in from my son's school and they said that he fell down from the staircase."

"What? Is it critical?" I said standing up.

"The school's nurse said that he had injured his head. Please take care of the work from me, okay?" She said and I politely nodded towards her and smiled in assurance. Even though I didn't liked her that much but I understood her. If something like this happened to Kaleb, I probably wouldn't know what to do too.

"The business party is on a cruise. Go down to the second floor's receptionist, tell her that I called and she will arrange a suitable dress for you. Thankyou so much." I smiled and nodded and she hugged me. After patting her back and smiling assuredly, I went downstairs as Mrs. Amber left.

                                                                                                      *****

Stepping on the ground floor with my high heels, I sighed. Wearing heels was a pain in the ass. I didnt even walk that much and my feet was already giving out on me. I was wearing a short black dress which was quite revealing for me but I did what I had to do.

 I was wearing a short black dress which was quite revealing for me but I did what I had to do

Kyle was standing outside the clear-glass doors waiting for me. He was checking his watch with a scowl on his face and he kept tapping his foot against the floor.

 He was checking his watch with a scowl on his face and he kept tapping his foot against the floor