T w e n t y - t h r e e

Avery's POV:

I thought that when I ran away, I had escaped my past. But what I didn't know is that my life would take a three-sixty degree putting me back on the spot that I was in before.

Like every other morning Me, Addison and Kessa had gone out for breakfast before our morning lecture. We had ordered and just slid in the nearest booth, when I had heard the voice that shook me to the core. Brittany. My step-sister.

"Avery!" The sicking sweet tone that she used to call my name as if we had been 'best friends forever' made me want to gag my eyes out. "Well I had no idea that you were in this city." The way she said it made it clear that she knew everything. Turning around to see both Addison and Kessa looking confused, she innocently smiled and shook their hands while saying, "Oh Hi, I'm Avery's sister-" Before she could say anything else, I dragged her out of the café by her hand.

"Ew, get your dirty hands off me!"

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" Everything was going okay. I had escaped them. I was far away from the people who had hurt me the most.

"How can a poor person like you even be friends with them? They look like they have some class unlike you." I ignored her question and instead repeated my previous question again.

"Oh please, its not like I want to look at your ugly face but Mom found that five year old bitch- Bree talking to you on the phone and well, let's just say you're not going to like what they're doing to her."

"You're lying!"

"Am I? You might want to call Bree. Maybe she can tell you the truth." She smirked arrogantly and strode away as if she knew she had just hurt me more by telling me that they did something to Bree because of me.

I may not have believed Brittany but a doubt lingered in my mind. I called Bree that day and when she picked up the phone, crying and hiccupping, broke my heart. She explained that they had locked her into a dark room since last night with no food and water. That's when I decided that no matter what, I'm getting my sister out of that hell hole. We might be half sisters but I still loved her more than anything in this world.

When I told Addison and Kessa about what had happened, they wanted to go with me. Jace said he cant let us three go alone to rescue Bree. Then James and Matt tagged along because 'that a rescue operation would be fun' and then.. Well Kyle. Who they dragged along with themselves.

That's how we ended up here. On Kyle Finlay's Private Jet. The plain was getting cleaned and checked while we were waiting. Everyone had arrived except Kyle and Matt. Kyle still hadn't talked to me since that day unless you call nodding as a conversation. He wasn't rude which was actually unusual for Kyle because that seemed like his favorite past time. He was just cold and distant which I hated even more than him being rude. At least he talked to me then, no matter what bullshit was coming out of his mouth.

Kyle finally arrived with his sunglasses on, eyes on his phone and the bag being rolled by one of this chauffeurs. Right by his side was the person I least expected, Brittany.

"Oh don't be surprised, I'm here for my sister's moral support." Jeez Can this girl leave me he fuck alone. "And maybe we'll both be able to keep each other entertained too, Kyle." She purred seductively while trailing a finger down Kyle's shirt whose two top buttons were left unbuttoned and there was nothing I wanted to do more than to snatch her hands from his body and shove it right up her as-

"Mr Finlay, the flight is ready to take for." Kyle finally looked up from his phone, tucking it into his pocket and took his sunglasses off. He nodded towards the fight attendant and started pacing ahead of us.