T w o

Avery's POV

After leaving my father's study room, I go into my own room. Hot tears spread across my face. My head hurts so bad. What am I going to do?

One thing I know for sure is that I can't get married to a thirty-seven year old man. No. I won't get married. Marriage is out of the question for me. In my whole life, all I've seen in a marriage is my parents fighting day and night. Why would you want to get married if all a person does is fight?

I have to find some way to get out of this situation. Even if I try to talk sense into my father's mind, he won't listen. What am I supposed to do?

My mind goes towards the secret money kept in my panties drawer. It took me three years to get that money by working day and night as a waitress in a restuarant and a cashier at Mc Donalds.

It's not much but it's enough for me to get by. I've saved it for my college fees.

Since it's useless talking to any of my 'family members' about this, the only idea I've got is to run away from home.

Once my step-mom, Giselle knows about this, which I'm pretty sure she does by now, I know she will leave me no choice and force me into the marraige. She's always wanted me gone. When she entered our house, she told my dad that she wanted me gone. My dad replied to her by saying 'Relax, darling, she could be our free maid. I don't even have to pay her any money'

A bitter tear escapes my eye. No I will not cry because of a father like him. He's not worth it.

The only option I've left is to run away from this house. And by tonight.

**************

I look at myself in the mirror, my brown hair tied in a bun. My blue eyes were sparking with excitement and nervousness at the same time. Oh God, what if someone sees me? Well then, I guess it's game over for me. And if I'll be able to get out of here just fine, I'll be free.

I look down at my watch, its 2:37am. Everyone would have slept by now. I grab my carry on and step out of my room.

All lights are closed. The room is filled with darkness. Well that's a good sign. I step out in the dark hallway, trying not to make a sound with my shoes.

I look towards brittany's room. The door is closed. Okay. I take steady and careful steps and reach the staircase. One step at a time. Carefu-

"Avery" Looking over my shoulder, I spotted Bree. Sleepy Green eyes looked up at me.

She was standing on the top of the staircase in her pink Hello kitty pajamas holding her favorite teddy bear to her chest.

"Where are you going?" Bree asked again.

I move towards the top of the staircase. I have to make her understand.

"Baby, I have to go"

"Why?" By now, tears were streaming down her five year old face. With a husky voice, she croaked out again, "Why do you have to go? You're the only one that plays with me in this house? You're the only one who I can call my sister?"

I sit down on her level and say "I know, Bree. But this is serious. I can't stay here"

"Well, then, take me with you. Mom and dad are always busy. Ethan and brittany don't even care about me. Please take me with you."

Thinking about it honestly, I can't take her. They could count that as kidnapping a child. And even if i do take her, I will not be able to support us both.

"I can't right now. But I promise, I'll come for you. Wait for me, okay?"

"Okay. I'll wait for you"

"Be a good girl and eat all of your vegies" I realise that I have to go if I want to get out of here. As much I feel guilty for not taking her away from this hell, I have to get out of here, get a good job and earn money and then take her away from here.

"Good-bye"

"Bye" I hug her and she waves at me. I wave back and get out of the main gate.

************

Its been two weeks since I left that house. I travelled to another city and applied for a scholarship in on of its colleges. I just got accepted in one of the countries most prestigious colleges.

I never knew I could get in but they just sent their acceptance letter a couple days ago. I've just moved into its dorm and well it looks pretty good.

Time to get a job and earn money.

My classes start tomorrow morning. I haven't decided which course to take right now. As I'm walking and exploring the college hallway, I see the library sign.

You could say I'm kind of a nerd but well a library is one of my favorite places. The smell of new books is freaking amazing. I pick out some new books that I haven't read yet and take them to the library counter.

I didn't even realise the amount of books I've taken, until I couldn't even see with the books towering and covering up my face completely. Oh well.

Just as I'm getting out of a library, I bump into a person. My books scatter all over the floor and my eyes meet a guy with brown hair and hazel eyes.

His eyes widened up a bit as his hazel eyes met mine but then it was replaced with fire and anger as he spoke "Weren't you looking when you bumped into me?''

"Excuse me?"

"Yes. Excuse you. Now before you go I want you to apologise for bumping into me. Don't you know who I am?"

"What? No,I'm not going to apologise to a arrogant man like you. And I could say the same thing to you about not looking. Sure ,I had the books in my hands but what about you?"

I pick up the books in my hands and leave before he even has a chance to reply.

Sure the guy was attractive but his personality is basically crap. I'd die before I even look at him again.

*****************************

I hope you guys like this chapter. They just met each other. Next will be Kyle's POV so be ready.

Also I'll be updating every day or every other day.

If you liked this story then please vote and share this story. See you guys next time.

XOXO
-S