T h i r t y - T h r e e

Surprise!! Surprise!! I know. I know. I'm the best author ever...

And this time I wrote it really really long so good luck.

Warning: You're heart might flutter towards the end of this chapter or maybe not. But I thought it was really cute.

                            ♡♡♡

Avery's POV:

This cant be happening right now.

Kyle's here.

And Kaleb is literally right across the room. What if he sees him?

What am I supposed to do?

My heart was drumming out of my chest. I turned a bit left on the doorway to stop Kyle from looking inside.

I know I was being selfish right now. And I knew that one day I would have to tell Kyle about Kaleb. I cant keep a child away from his father. But I wanted to be emotionally and physically ready for that day. I wanted Kaleb to be ready.

And now was not the day.

Rhett raised one of his eyebrows at me to ask who he is. I sighed and lightly shook my head.

Taking control over my nerves, I looked at Kyle and said, "Kyle, What are you doing here?" Rhett raised his eyebrows in surprise after hearing his name and then smirked.

"I came here to give you this bag. You forgot this in the car." He said looking towards the bag and then his hazel eyes turned towards Rhett and then looked at me as if wondering who was he.

"Oh, this is Rhett, my-" I started but was cut off as Rhett put his arm around my shoulders. "Her boyfriend." He said extending his hand towards kyle. His hand soon dropped when he realized that Kyle didnt plan on taking it.

Kyle's eyes widened a bit and then something flashed in his eyes but it was gone as soon as it came. His jaw ticked which I wouldn't have been able to tell if I wasnt observing him so closely.

Kyle's smirk dropped a little but it was soon recovered with a beaming smile.

"Well congratulations to you both!" His voice came out chirpy as if he was trying to make himself believe that he was really happy. "I better get going. Have a good day!" He said as his eyes once again dropped to Rhett's arm hanging on my shoulder and his jaw ticked.

"Bye!" Rhett happily waved him goodbye and in the same chirpy voice that Kyle had used.

As soon as the door shut, Rhett started laughing and I elbowed him in his stomach. "Why would you do that?"

"Oh my God! I was just trying to see what his reaction would be. He was so jealous and he was trying hard not to show it." He said as he laughed even louder.

"You could have done this in another way. Not this!"

"Oh come on, Avery! Dont you see it? The guy's practically in love with you!" He said in a serious tone and my throat went completely dry.

"I know you dont trust him for whatever he did to you. But I think there's just a big misunderstanding between you both. Think about Kaleb too. He hasn't even seen his father since the day he was born."

He sighed and continued, "Kaleb tries to be happy but you should see the look on the child's face when one of his friend is with his father. The child seems heartbroken. But he doesnt tell you that because he knows that talking about his father will end up making you cry." Rhett said and I felt my heart would burst up in my chest.