T h i r t y - F o u r

You guys have seen Sassy Avery, Strong Avery, Innocent Avery. And now it's time for you to see Crazy Avery. Good Luck.

Kyle's POV:

What the hell is wrong with me? I thought in realisation as Avery hurriedly left. I was just about to fucking kiss her. 

I don't know how but she still has the power to make all my senses go numb. I didn't really about anything  when I was standing next to her.

Now the real question is that, do I really want to risk all of this for her again?

How can I? I thought of the time when I was drowning in misery and remorse in the hospital, waiting for the doctors to tell me about my Dad. I was completely numb. I didn't know what to do. What to think. I only thing that I felt was loss. Loss of Avery and the fear of losing my Dad forever. I don't want to go through that again. Ever.

Avery was a Lockwood. I was a Finlay. We were bound not to happen from the start.

Making up my mind, I called my agent. It was time to quit playing around and take this plan to the next level.

"The things you wanted me to acquire are ready, Sir." My agent said the next morning as he entered the back seat of my Mercedes while my chauffer was driving the car. Looking towards him, I took off my shades and raised one of my eyebrows as he handed me a folder. 

"We have acquired fifty-one percent of the shares of the company. As written in this contract, Mr Finlay, you are the new owner of Lockwood Inc, with you having fifty one percent shares and Mr. James Lockwood having forty -nine percent shares of the company." My agent said and I handed this folder to my lawyer how was sitting opposite me.

Smirking, I looked up towards the tall building that was titled as 'Lockwood Inc'. And now the real games begin.

Inside the building, I walked with my lawyer, agent and two bodyguards,  directly towards the elevators. After entering the elevators, I pressed the close button. While the doors were closing, I noticed a little child with familiar sort of Brown hair standing with its back towards me, waiting for the other elevator.

He turned around but at the same time the elevators doors closed. 

Where have I seen that hair before?

Hm. Shrugging, I entered the top office where Lockwood's office were located. From the glass windows, I saw James Lockwood with his hands in his hair, looking confused and upset.

"How could you let this happen?" He shouted at his manager who was standing beside him.

"Sir, I had no idea about this until this morning. When all of this was don-" The manager replied as I cut him off.

Opening the door loudly without a care in the world, I strolled in, smirking. "You know if you want , Lockwood, I can tell you how I did this." I said, mockingly.

"God Damn you!" Lockwood said, immediately getting up from his chair and running towards me like he wanted to strangle me while I just lightly chuckled.

"Tch tch, I don't think you should do that. After all I am the one who owns this company now." I said while wiping the invisible dust from his shoulders.

"You bastard! I'll kill you!" He said, furiously.

I chuckled, "Unh Uh Now that's no way to talk to your new boss." I said turning around and looking outside the view from the window. "Now if you don't mind, Please get out. I think I'd like this place to be my new office." I said staring outside the window.