T w e n t y - s i x

Warning: Mature Content (18+) If any of you are under the age of seventeen or eighteen, I advise you to please skip the part.

Avery's POV:

The door closed with a bang as my feets took a few steps back. I wrapped my shaking hands tightly around my body to stop myself from shivering.

James Lockwood is....my father?

I took a few steps forward, then I started sprinting towards my room.

"Avery, Are you alright?" Addison said as I was almost at my door.

"I'm fine." My voice cracking as I shut my bedroom door and sat in total shock on the floor as silent tears streamed down my face.

My mother cheated on my supposed father and had an affair with another man which resulted in me? What would anyone think of me now? That I was a bastard's Child. A mistake? That my mother was a lying, cheating gold digger and I was going to be just like her.

What would they think of me? What would Kyle think--

Oh my God, Kyle! Will he hate me when he finds out that I'm James Lockwood's daughter? A person that he hates more than anything in the whole world.

I thought as more tears streamed down my face and I cried harder than before. I dont know why but it hurts to think of Kyle ever hating me.

Just then, my phone rang and I looked down at the caller ID to see that it was Kyle.

"Hello?" Kyle's sound echoed from the phone.

Putting a hand on my mouth to stop my sobs, I looked at myself in the mirror and pulled on a fake smile, "Hello." I squeezed out.

"Hey Avery, I need to tell you something." Kyle's sweet and gentle voice came, sounding happy and relieved, like he was grinning from the other side of the phone.

"What is it? You can tell me on the phone."

"No I cant. This talk is too special for that. I need to tell you this in person. So pack your bags. I'm taking you out for the weekend."

"What do you mea--" I asked but was cut off by the line closing.

The next morning, all of us flew in Kyle's private plane to New York.

It's like we were wolves. We always seemed to travel in packs.

Me, Kessa and Addison were staying in one room and Jace, Matt and James were staying in the other while Kyle had a whole hotel suite to himself.

We made our way to the girls room with our bags as I saw the most beautiful view I could ever imagine.

"Okay ...well... I think I'd like to have this room." James said looking outside the window, mesmerized as we all were.

"No, we called dibs on this room first." Kessa said putting her hands on her hips and lightly glaring at James.