Faith of Abraham

By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten,
     of whom it was said, "In Isaac your shall be called,"
              Hebrews 11:17,18

     Bear with me on this one, I don't understand it.  Isaac had an older brother, Ishmael, born to Hagar the concubine.  Isaac was born to Sarah Abraham's wife. 
     God told Hagar that Ishamel would be a father of many nations, but Isaac got the birthright - God's choice.  Abraham loved Ishmael and didn't really understand what God had told him but accepted it.    Ishmael was Abraham's firstborn, and to the best of my knowledge, the founder of  Isalm.
     Isaac got the birthright and was recognized by God, but so was Ishmael, just in a different way.  I don't totally understand, maybe it had to do with the mothers, but Ishmael is still from Abraham's seed.  It is early in the morning to deal with an issue of this type.  I will have to do some research. 
     Ok, did some research.  God told Abraham to listen to Sarah when she got mad at Ishmael for laughing at Isaac, when Isaac was weaned.  Abraham listened to Sarah and cast them out.  At the time of the attempted sacrifice, Ishmael was long gone. 
     God knew it wouldn't work - Isaac and Ishmael, it may have turned out like Cain and Abel.  It is interesting because of the weaning part.  I guess it was time to wean Ishmael also.  God knows what He is doing.  Tell Him you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.