Overcoming the flesh

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are:  adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
     idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissension, heresies,
     envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I will tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
     But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
     gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law.
     And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 
     If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
     Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
              Galatians 5:19-26

     God's timing is impeccable; I really needed to here this.  You see, I have been recently meeting and talking to people (a drunk guy last night) that think if they love God they can do as they please.  Having one drink before dinner, I think, would be ok - that is not drunkenness.  I myself don't drink at all; besides, I am an alcoholic. 
     I haven't touched a drop since February 23, 2013, basically, because I don't want to disappoint God.  I am writing this because I know that many are suffering addiction - alcohol, marijuana, meth, food, etc.  The world has provided many things to take us away from God. 
     This is not why Jesus died for us, so we could knowingly go out and sin.  Once we know how to behave, we are supposed to stop sinning, or at least try.  But not go out and sin thinking we can repent later. 
     Many also want to compare gods from other religions to God Almighty.  I don't know where or how this mentality resurfaced, but it did.  Thou shalt have no other gods before Me sound familiar?  The first, the first, of the Ten Commandments. 
     Maybe these people are not seeking God, but I have met many that are.  We do need to love God, and also obey Him.  If you get confused, then look to Jesus; He showed us how to live. 
     Hey, we all stumble (myself included), and that is ok, as long as we are sincerely trying to do better.  God knows our hearts.  Tell God you love Him. 

Note - I mentioned addiction, because was the only cure for me.  He will help, if you sincerely want His help. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.