David gives Solomon advice

"As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts.  If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever."
           1 Chronicles 28:9

      Great advice, seek God and remain faithful.  I love both of these men, and God loved both of these men, but they had their faults.  Solomon's fault (unfaithfulness) led to the splitting of Israel into two kingdoms. 
     This helps me in my quest for righteousness.  Are any of us righteousness before God?  We are all of the sinful flesh, which makes things rather difficult. 
     I don't even want to mention the carnal mind, but I will.  I have been trying to control it (my thoughts), and trust me, God has helped immensely.  I want to think in the Spirit, good, clean thoughts, but it is a battle. 
     God told me, if I thought bad thoughts, to not dwell on them.  This makes too much sense.  If I get upset at my mind, then I start thinking more bad things; it is better to let the bad thought go, and ask for forgiveness. 
     God knows our thoughts, and I think He doesn't understand them.  He will help, although the carnal mind doesn't want to let go, and it knows when we are seeking the Spirit.  The closer I get, the more my carnal mind fights, and this is not fun by any means. 
     Everything has to be done through God is my point.  We can't handle things properly without God's help.  Good time to write - tell God you love Him. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.