Satisfaction from Above

The backslider in heart will
be filled with his own
ways,
But a good man will be
satisfied from above.
Proverbs 14:14

So much in this verse, I hardly know where to begin. Backsliding can mean several different things; but in this case, it means backsliding against God. If you chose to follow God, then you know God is in control.
I was talking to God last night about a buddy whom I haven't spoken to, since I decided to follow God's chosen path for me. I told his wife that he was a good man, and I thought right after I said it. He hasn't repented and asked Jesus into his heart. Oh, I have spoken to him, but to no avail.
God has worked through him, basically, to help me. My question I have struggled with is - can you be a good man in man's world? You know, kind and helpful, but of course with faults. I guess this is possible, until you know the ways of the LORD.
It is easy to help the ones you care about, but what about the ones you don't know. We were working one time and a homeless man asked us for a dollar, my buddy said that he didn't have any money, but I knew different. I myself didn't have so much as a penny on me.
I can't explain how I felt, well, bad - it was just awkard. It wasn't the fact that he didn't give him a dollar, he shook his head and didn't even acknowledge him. I was on the other side of the truck, and saw the man walk off like no big deal.
Yeah I know, sounds a little self-righteous. I would have probably given him my last dollar, but I would have talked about God before I did. I say "probably" because I am not sure, at that point in time - I don't want to lie.
I just reread Luke 12, the reference verse led me there - God will provide. If you are generous, God will repay you somehow, that I now know. It is a hard concept to learn, which comes directly from the Father.
Will I speak to my buddy, or am I made at him? I don't know and NO. God will open your eyes and has a path for you. People will change the closer you get to God, as the Bible says. You can't let people interfere with what God has planned for you.
Believe it or not, this is difficult for me to write, because I am not even close to perfect; I still make many mistakes and need God's help. I want to write the whole story and it may help, or maybe not - who knows? This is really a moot point, God is in control.
Life is about faith; faith in God; faith in Jesus; faith that God provides; faith that you will not fail as long as God is with you. This all has nothing to do with the world that man has created. As Brother Jesus said, "With men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:26

Note - I pray for my buddy daily. He has seen, firsthand, some of the wondrous things God has done for me. Some people become caught up in the things of man's world, and I know, I was one of them. In summation, referencing John 6:63, the flesh profits nothing, it is the Spirit who gives life. Tell God you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.