Son of God

Now the men who held Jesus mocked Him and beat Him.
     And having blindfolded Him, they struck Him on the face and asked Him, saying, "Prophesy!  Who is the one who struck you?"
     And many other things they blasphemously spoke against Him.
     As soon as it was day, the elders of the people, both chief priests and scribes, came together and led Him into their council, saying,
    "If You are the Christ, tell us."  But He said to them, "If I tell you, you will by no means believe.
    "And if I also ask you, you will by no means answer Me or let me go.
    "Heareafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God."
     Then they all said, "Are You then the Son of God?"  So He said to them, "You rightly say that I am."
                  Luke 22:63-71

     After yesterday's entry, and today's, I need to search my heart, or better yet, ask God for some answers.  I can't believe people didn't listen to God (yesterday) or Jesus.  What are we (or I) supposed to learn from this? 
     Jesus the Son of God wasn't believed.  Again, I know many did believe, but not all.  After all the wondrous things God did through Jesus, how could you not believe? 
     I am the first to admit that I lack understanding.  Somehow and someway, I think God is trying to reveal something to me; and it goes deeper than faith, way deeper.  It does get tough.
     I think it is interesting that Jesus didn't announce He was the Son of God; and even in the above passage, He only agrees with what the chiefs priests and scribes asked of Him - You rightly say that I am.  His humbleness inspires me; He could have said or done so many things, but didn't. 
     He was beaten, mocked, and blasphemed.  This would be as difficult as His crucifixion.  Well, denying Christ means you are also denying the Father, and I know this hurt Jesus deeply.  He was sent to show God's love. 

     He who hears you hears Me, and he who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me, rejects Him who sent Me.
                Luke 10:16

     Is today's world any different?  This, again, boils down to faith.  Can people today believe without seeing a sign?  What makes people willing to believe in God?
     I just answered that question in my head - when everything is taken away from them.  Then, and only then, can some people realize - there is something I am missing, and there is more to life.  We were birthed to worship God.
     Life will eventually slow down to this point; and I hope people realize this before it happens.  I just want everyone's to know God's love.  Tell God you love Him!

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.