Jesus speaks of the Father

And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I am from above.  You are of this world.
    "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
     Then they said to Him, "Who are You?"  And Jesus said to them, "Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.
    "I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him."
     They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.
     Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 
    "And He who sent Me is with Me.  The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
                 John 8:23-29

     God is especially pleased when we do His will, as Jesus said.  I think it is interesting that the Jews asked Jesus, "Who are You?"  The simple fact they asked means they knew He was special.    
     No one spoke with the knowledge and understanding Jesus had; no one behaved like Jesus - Jesus was the essence of God's love in the flesh.  It took His crucifixion for many people to understand that He was/is the Son of God. 
     Jesus also speaks about the doctrine of His Father.  He does nothing of Himself, but only as God has taught Him.  They still did not understand. 
     All things come from God.  Put God first and everything will follow.  This is what Christ Jesus taught us.  Tell God you love Him. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.