Mark 13:2

And Jesus answered and said to him, "Do you see these great buildings?  Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
                  Mark 13:2

     I will get to the verse, eventually.  God chooses these verses, and He had me open here.  He knows.
     See, earlier before I wrote this, I was researching temples.  I was gonna make a chapter in THE DAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS about them, but God obviously doesn't want that, so I will explain here.  There is no third temple!
     At one point in time, I was obsessed with temples, and thought God's path had something to do with them.  Now, after much research, I can say that I am wrong.  Yeah, I know, wrong again, imagine that.  :~)
     Roman occupation in Jerusalem caused many problems; although Herod did restore the temple (need to do some more research on this).  But many groups were fighting for many reasons.
     Emperor Julian in 363 AD tried to have the third temple built.  The LORD put a halt to this with fire and gaseous explosions.  God doesn't want a third temple.
     Why?  I will tell you my opinion only!  The meaning of the temple, with the birth and death of Christ, changed drastically. 
     Jesus was the sacrificial lamb; so no more sacrifices to God were necessary.  God sacrificed His Son for us - the ultimate sacrifice.  Jesus died for all mankind, not solely for the Jews. 
     Many Jews did not believe Jesus was the Messiah or the Son of God.  Wouldn't the temple reinforce this?  It would encourage Jews to return to their old ways and traditions. 
     God could have as many temples as He wanted, but He doesn't have any, in Jerusalem anyway .... hmmm.   I, even myself, have to think on this one.  God can do anything.
     Furthermore, through Jesus and Melchizedek, we have a new convenant (the temple housed the ark of the covenant).  We shouldn't forget the 10 Commandments, but Jesus gave us salvation, if we repent.  He gave His life, His Life, for us. 
     Back to the verse - there was much gold and silver in the temple when the Romans were destroying it.  The fire caused it to melt, and since it liquified, it ran all over the place, including between the rocks.  The Romans turned the rocks over to get the silver and gold.  So Jesus was right - not one stone shall be left upon another. 
     I could go on and on, but I won't.  The temple is within each and every one of us.  Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.