"yeah. i figured that he wouldn't just leave unless some shit happened." he sighed, and clenched his jaw. "me
and the boys have been talking, actually."

"about?"

"therapy."

•••

daniel sat awkwardly at the bar stool. his large hoodie was covering his bump that was now showing. eddie was talking to a few of his friends, not paying any attention to daniel. his boyfriend.

daniel sighed, and rolled his ankles around. eddie finally came up to him.

"have a drink, babe." he said, handing him his beer.

"you know i can't, ed." he mumbled, handing him his drink back.

"one drink won't hurt. hey! can he get a piña colada?"

"no, eddie. no thank you, sorry." he said quickly to the bartender. eddie waved him off and told the bartender to make the drink.

she slid the drink over to daniel, and he hesitantly took it. one sip, and his child would be in even more danger of alcohol syndrome, and he would ruin his nearly 1 month clean of alcohol.

"it's alcohol free, hon." she said gently. daniel sighed gratefully.

"thank you.. gabbie." he read the name tag.

she smiled kindly, and walked away from the boy. she was cleaning the counter. he swiveled back around and slowly drank the nonalcoholic drink.

"isn't he supposed to be your date?"

daniel twisted his head and looked at the bartender. he hummed, and turned back around to face the girl. "yep."

he set his drink down, and sighed. "wanna talk about it?" she asked. "i'm not busy. and, my shift is pretty much over."

"um. sure." he shrugged.

so he vented. and she was all ears.

•••

gabbie gonzalez was daniels new friend.

he hoped she wouldn't end up leaving him. daniel was trailing behind eddie and his drunk friends. they were all laughing obnoxiously, and daniel found himself apologizing for them whenever they bumped into someone.

he had to help a little old man up.

"i'm sorry about them." daniel said, barely above a whisper before walking off.

daniel helped eddie into his car. the rest of eddies friends wondered off. daniel got in the drivers seat, and drove to eddies place.

"you're so hot." eddie slurred to daniel. he chuckled, and made a left.

"thanks." he said, turning on the radio. he blushed when he heard the bands song, 8 letters. he bit his lip, containing his smile.

"ugh, turn this shit off." eddie whined, changing the station. daniel's smile left his lips, as he deflated against the chair.

he rest of the car ride was silent. daniel pulled into eddies rental, and turned the car off. he helped eddie out, and into the house.

daniel stumbled over to the couches, and dropped eddie on the couch. he passed out instantly. daniel huffed, and walked away from his drunken boyfriend.

he quickly left the house, but stopped when someone tugged on his shirt. he turned around and looked down. "morgan. hey, princess." he whispered, touching her head gently.

"hi." she giggled, and hugged daniel. he smiled down at her and picked the small girl up, setting her on his hip. daniel took her outside and she quickly shook her head. "eddie doesn't want me to leave." she whispered.

"oh? why not?"

"he doesn't want me to." she shrugged, her eyes slipping shut as daniel gently swayed them side to side. daniel didn't question it even though he should have.

when she was finally asleep, he brought her over to the couch and laid her down. he kissed her forehead, and left the two alone.

•••

when daniel finally got back to the house, he didn't question his brother's and corbyn sitting at the counter. he set his keys down, grabbing their attention.

"can i help you?"

corbyn nearly gasped at the large bruise on his cheek from anna.

"we're just worried about you, dani." tyler said softly. "you're not acting like yourself."

daniel smiled awkwardly. "i don't know if i could be the old daniel that everyone loves." daniel sighed, rubbing his teary eyes.

"i'm too broken for that."

•••

[a/n]
tell me WHY this chapter sucked ass

[a/n]tell me WHY this chapter sucked ass

💛💛💛