F o r t y - N i n e

Start from the beginning

As soon as we entered the Washroom, my green eyes met stunned brown ones and a scream tore from his mouth. "What are you guys doing in here?" He said as he covered his naked torso with his hands. "Girls aren't allowed in the boy's washroom!"

I shot Gabriella a scared look.

Oh God, Is this the time where we get caught?

"Noah, Dude Chill. You're scaring them." A voice, that never ever failed to spread butterflies inside my stomach, came from the other side of the bathroom. 

He tapped on Noah, his friend's back, laughing at his horrified expression from seeing us in the boy's washroom. His clear blue eyes focused on us as he sent a smile our way and both, Gabriella and I, breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hey, I'm Cameron. Nice to meet you." He said holding out his hand towards us while he ran his other hand through his gorgeous black hair and that's all I could focus on for a second.

"I'm Gabriella. Nice to meet you too." Gabriella said while taking his hand and shaking his hand a couple of times in excitement.

He smiled towards her and then his clear blue eyes shot towards me as they got slightly wide with realization. "Oh I know you! You sit right in front of me in English lit. You're Bree, right?" He said with a cheeky grin as some redness coated his cheeks.

He knew my name?

But we had never talked.

"I-" I started.

"Oh my God! I love English lit! It is one of my favourite subjects. What's y-" Gabriella said rambling loudly, interrupting what I was going to say, while staring at him with wide excited eyes.

Gabriella was cut off as a few boys entered the washroom and looked around awkardly at the both of us.

Taking her hand, I ran towards the door in embarrassment while she looked back at Cameron and Noah, waving at them.

My green eyes met his blue ones for a second as we were running out. They beamed at me and a slight smile spread across my face.

"I can't believe we just met Cameron William. He's seriously so cute." Gabriella said as soon as we were outside.

It wasnt unusual for people to like Cameron. He was an year older than us. Cameron was pretty much the only popular rich kid in our school who was actually nice to be around. Everyone loved him.

"Yeah. He's nice." I replied as she sat down at the bench.

"Did you see the way he smiled at me? He was totally flirting with me. He's going to be my boyfriend when I grow up." Gabriella said with a large smile on her face.

"Yeah of course." I said, ignoring the immediate flip in my stomach.

                  **************

Avery Lockwood's POV:

Agitated blue eyes stared back at me as I looked at myself in the mirror. 

Was I really about to do this?

Licking my now dry lips, I told myself that I could do this. I was strong enough to do this.

My eyes caught the big velvet box, peaking out from one of the drawers of my vanity. I took it out. It was the necklace which Kyle had gifted to me a few weeks before our wedding when we had gone dress shopping. A beautiful sapphire pendant decorated with small diamonds around it. I had only worn it on our wedding day.

God, that felt like such a long time ago.

Picking up the necklace, I tied in around my neck. Memories with Kyle made its way through my mind and I pushed them aside. This necklace was a memoir of what I had been through on my wedding day. I picked up my purse and left the house.