“Why is my life so shitty, Lex?” She asked, knowing the full answer to that question. She was cursed by the Moon Goddess.

She heard him sigh, his breath blowing her hair.

“Look up,” he said. The tone that he used very demanding, that of an Alpha’s. She followed and looked him directly in the eyes. “it's shitty because you're making it shitty. Don't be a fucking wimp when the Moon sends you a bomb, Lyra. She doesn't give you anything if you can't handle it.”

“He hates me.” She sobbed. “Maybe the Moon likes it when I contemplate death every time.”

“She doesn't, Lyra.”

“My parents killed your parents. Why are you doing this? Why do you still care for me?” She asked, her heart broke apart when she saw the pain in his eyes.

“I don't care about that and you know that.” He says, scowling at her.

“Hate me!” She hit his chest, sending him a barrage of punches. He didn't flinch. Her soft fists were stopped when he embraced her tightly, trapping her into a lock. She squirmed and raged, trying to be freed from his vice-like grip.

“Stop it!” he grabbed her wrist as the other continued to hit him.

“Hate me.” She sobbed. It was all she could do. The dread in her and the hopelessness it brought made her want to scream. To be hated and to disappear.

“I said fucking stop it!” His bellowing shrill made her pause. She looked up at him, seeing his eyes blazing in anger. “Do you think I care? I don't. If ever I did, what did you think I was going to do? Fucking blame you that your parents killed mine while you freaking slept in a damn cradle?” He paused shaking his head in anger. “It's not your freaking fault okay? And if Iggy thinks otherwise then, screw him. He doesn't deserve you, Lyra. Doesn't deserve your damn tears. So let go of him before you hurt yourself trying to fix him.”

She paused, breathing heavily as she looked at him. His words felt like hot steel burning her skin. Yet the stubborn side of her couldn't let go of Iggy.

He rolled his eyes and groaned, giving her a stern look.

“On your feet, Lyra.” His voice although still very rough, had a sense of coolness within it. He cupped her cheeks, taking in his lower lip, and hugged her. “The terrible prey on your tears, Lyra. Don't let them strengthen themselves by seeing you cry.”

She nodded, swallowing a lump in her throat as she looked up.

Right, don't let others see your tears.

~•°•~

As she entered the pack’s mess hall, the irritating laughs and joyful noises that flew about the whole room made her throat dry, her head a little bit dizzy as she skimmed her eyes over the crowd of wolves.

She felt Lex hold her hand, squeezing it to reassure her.

“Take a seat, I'll get us something to eat.” He walked away, making her tremble as she watched his broad back stalking away.

She went to a table where no one was sitting on and rested her head on the tabletop, closing her eyes as she listened in on other people's conversation. It was just chatter between wolves, the normal day at school, work, and normal exchanges between lovers. It sickened her.

Her nose twitched at a familiar scent. It was from Ned! She raised her head, seeing him smile at her. His kind blue eyes watching her kindly. He took the seat beside her and kissed her temple. Ned, her adoptive father was the only real comfort in her life.