The Alpha's Daughter - Chapter 3

ابدأ من البداية

When the car stopped, I jumped out, slamming the door of the car. Jase winced but said nothing. Dad lead me up the steps and opened the front door for me. I would have told him that I could open it for myself, but I thought that it was a bit too early in the morning for an argument.

The hall was round and tiled. A sweeping staircase led to the upper storeys. I wanted to whirl around like they did in the movies but I didn't because I didn't feel totally at home yet. The door shut and I jumped. Dad, Jase and Radleigh stood behind me, observing my expression.

"It's nice," I admitted, nodding and looking at the same time. There was the sound of scraping chairs and a load of tall men filed out of a room to the side of the stairs. I looked at them all, trying to figure out which one I had fallen on top of last night. It was almost like trying to pick them out of a police line up. I felt my face flushing at the very thought.

"Did you two change the bed?" Dad shot at the two furthest away, who were trying to have a conversation behind their hands. I giggled. They looked like two naughty school boys who had just been caught passing notes.

"Change the bed; what the fuck do I look like, a maid?" The one with blonde hair asked. He was tall and broad, with a shock of yellow hair that looked like he had been plugged into the mains.

"Flint," dad snarled. I scowled, angry with him for being such a bastard.

"We'll go and do it now," the other one sighed. He walked towards the stairs. He had light brown hair and stormy grey eyes. He glanced at me and I felt my heart trying to escape from my chest. I watched in slight awe as he climbed the stairs, his friend, Flint, following him.

She's a girl; she can change her own bloody bed, Flint thought. I nearly snorted out loud before remembering that I was listening to his thoughts.

You're such a knob, Flint, the other one thought back.

There was an empty silence, with none of us knowing what we should say to each other. Personally, I wanted to go to my room and sleep.

"I'm Macca." I looked to see who had spoken. He was older than the others, maybe the same age as Jase, give or take a few years. His head was shaved, but I could tell that he used to be blonde. He had the same grey eyes that...Cal, I think his name was, had, which made me presume that they were in some way related. I smiled at him as warmly as I could. There was no point in being anything less than civil.

"Ade," the ginger one said. He had round cheeks and brown eyes. He was wearing a green polo-shirt. He looked at bit like a leprechaun which made me like him more than any of the others so far. "And this is Eli."

I turned to the last boy. He had black hair and the bushiest eyebrows I had ever seen. They were like dirty great caterpillars stuck to his forehead. He was really, really skinny and I could see all of the bones sticking out of his wrists and elbows.

"The two charmers upstairs are Flint and Caleb," Macca said unnecessarily. I grinned at him and turned back to my brothers.

"Where am I sleeping?" I asked. "I wouldn't be so rude but..." I faked a yawn to emphasise how sleepy I was.

"Jase, show your sister where she's sleeping," dad sniped, beginning to walk away. "I've got work to do. Only disturb me if it's life or death."

And that was that. That was my welcome to the clan. I let out an exasperated sigh. I had remembered why I hated him so much. And was it any wonder? Really? I was just glad that he had left now because I would have had a vent, whether it was voiced or thought, he would have known about it.

Cal:

Flint was still moaning about changing Annie's bedding. I didn't really care; it didn't really detract much from my day.