The Alpha's Daughter - Chapter 2

It was going on four in the morning when the police finally left with that ominous statement, "We'll be in touch."

Flint and I closed the door on them and slumped down in the living room. I hadn't a clue where any of the others were; it was like they'd just disappeared. I sighed, my mind racing.

That girl had been the Alpha's daughter. Someone had attacked her. Gordon was going to be after their head. I knew how protective he was of his family; when Jase had brought home Sierra, it had taken months for him to finally warm to her, just because she happened to be a human.

"I guess she was quite good looking," Flint said, taking a swig from his glass. "Without all of the blood, of course."

"Of course," I replied.

I knew what Flint was angling for. He wanted to know if I was interested in her so that he could make his move. I knew that in couple of months, Flint would lose this obsession with women and would probably find his mate, and that I should just bear with it for the time being. But perving on an unconscious girl was a bit strange, even for him.

"Who do you think did it?" he asked. His question caught me off guard and I had to think before answering.

"I don't know," I admitted. "I couldn't see anyone else in the trees."

I wish I had. I wished that I could catch the person who had done this to her. I knew that Gordon would find them but I wanted to be there when he destroyed them and I wanted to watch with the knowing that she was still safe.

"Did you know he had a daughter?" he asked me.

"Nope. You?"

Flint frowned at his feet.

"Radleigh once said something about him having a twin. I thought he was pissed at the time so I didn't take much notice."

"It's funny that Gordon never mentioned it," I voiced. "The way he goes on about his kids, you'd think he'd never shut up about having a daughter."

Flint smiled to himself and leaned back in his armchair.

I wonder if he'd let me go out with her, he thought, that same stupid grin on his face.

"There's probably less likelihood of that than him announcing that he's gay," I told Flint truthfully. He scowled at his glass and drank the remaining liquid. He's moved on from the beer after the police had started clearing up. He was now drinking his way through the bottle of whisky that had been hidden in one of the cupboards.

I didn't drink that much. It wasn't that I didn't like it; I loved the feeling of being drunk out of my senses. But when I drank, it was like my wolf drank it too and it got more and more difficult to control when he decided to make an appearance. So when it came to going out to clubs, I automatically became the designated driver.

"Where is everybody?" I asked, looking around as if they would magically appear out of nowhere. "It's been ages."

Flint shrugged and got to his feet. He was holding his glass and I knew that he was going for yet another re-fill.

"You want another?" he asked.

"Nah, it's alright," I replied. I stood up and stretched. "I think I'll go up to bed; I'm shattered."

"Whatever," Flint muttered under his breath as he left the room. I rolled my eyes. Flint wasn't a mean drunk, nor was he a weepy drunk. When Flint got drunk, it meant that he became more and more incapable of looking after himself or holding a proper conversation.

Just as I was about to get up from my seat and go up the stairs, the front door banged open and Macca, Radleigh, Eli and Ade appeared, their faces flushed and worried looking.