Studio part one (CH-9)

(Chapter 90 guys! I put two videos in this chapter. The top one is Mother Love and the other farther down the chapter is No one but you. Enjoy the chapter guys.)

(POV-Roger.)

Brian, Melody, Deaky and I all met up at the studio the following morning to go over Fred's last song 'Mother Love'. Fred made Bri promise him that if he couldn't finish it that Brian would sing the vocals and make sure it was completed because Brian has a strong bond with Mary.

And that's just what Brian did. I held Mel close when I hit play and Fred's voice came over the studio speakers singing his heart out for his best friend, ex wife and as he put it time and time again-The love of his life, Mary Austin.

After a few hours Brian successfully recorded the song and pulled everyone to the couch so he could go over his and Melodys  new song.

'No one but you (Only the good die young)'

"Okay guys, here's the music sheets for it. Do you think it's okay love?" Brian asked after Mel scanned over the music and lyric sheet. She gulped and shook her head yes. I smiled at her and took my place at the drums, Deak sat on a stool keeping his eyes down.

I was genuinely surprised when John met us here, but I'm happy he came and agreed to doing the tribute show, I know finishing this album and just continuing Queen will be really hard on John. But I'm very proud of him. And I'm happy he's going to help us keep all our promises to Freddie.

"Mel, your on piano okay?" Brian said putting his guitar strap over his head. She looked away from Brian with a frown.
"Mel, your an exceptional piano player! You learned from the best after all! " She smiled sadly and went to the grand piano slowly.

Gulping she sat down and put the music sheets up so she could read them. "I-I'll play the piano but I'm not comfortable singing Brian, okay?"

Brian look like he was going to fight her on it. "That's fine Lovley!" I cut in before Brian could push her into sing. Brian gave me a look so I huffed standing to my feet. "Bri, can I speak to you a moment please?" He shook his head and stood up following me out of the booth with his red special still over his shoulder.

I shut the door and looked at Mel and John as they talked. "What did you want Roger?"
I gulped looking back to Brian. His arms are crossed and he's giving me a look.

"You can't make Mel sing if she really dosn't want too." He sighed. " But she wrote most of it Roger, her singing voice is beautiful and Fred would have loved It if she sang a song she wrote!" I gulped knowing it was the truth but still we can't make her do something she really dosn't want to do.

"I get that Brian, really I do but still, if Mel dosn't want to sing we shouldn't try and make her." He shook his head. "Right, but still Roger, I fixed it so that you, me and Mel could sing this for Fred. I knew that John would never agree but I thought at least Mel could be persuaded. "

I groaned looking at her through the studio window. "I'll try and bring it back up later on. Just for now, you sing her parts or something okay? After all she will sing a few songs at the show. So, maybe she'll agree to singing on the single."

Brian smiled and we headed back inside.  I kissed the top of her head before returning to my drums.

"Alright, whenever your ready Lovley. You don't have to sing." She smiled and began playing the opening amd on is due Brian started singing.

" A hand above the water, an angel reaching for the sky- is it raining in heaven? Do you want us to cry?.........

(Brian sings and guitar. Roger Sings and drums. John bass and Mel piano.)

We finished and my eyes went straight to my wife. She cleared her throat and smiled as Brian. "Th-that was beautiful g-guys. Great- amazing job Brian! Really, I-please excuse me!" She stood and walked out of the studio as fast as she could without actually running. I sighed and saw John was heading for the back door. "Smoke break."
He mumbled before leaving. He was shaking terribly.

"I'll check on John." Brian said putting his guitar on it's stand. I smiled and touched his shoulder. "Mmm. And I've got Mel." He went to leave out the same the door as John. "And Mel was right Brian, amazing Job. Fred would love it!" He smiled looking down before exhaling. "Thanks mate." He went out to catch up with John and I went to find my girl.

(POV-Melody)

After the door shut I ran to the loo and collapsed on the floor. I was shaking terribly and just over all felt ill. Hearing my dad's voice cut out like that- knowing it was the last thing he recorded and the fact he never got to finish it- Kills me inside.

Brian was very strong to finish it like that but when my dad's voice finished it was like I was being suffocated. Roger held me closely and whispered he loved me- I really don't know what I'd do without him.

I think I'm having a panic attack! I don't think I'll be able to sing in front of cameras and a sea of people, even if I have Roger, Brian and everyone with me! in fact I don't think I bloody well know it!

How in God's name did my dad do this? He was a shy man but once he hit that stage he became another person all together! He owned that stage and anyone watching. I could never do that!

Closing my eyes I leaned my back on the white tiled walls and tried to breath. This reminds me of all that time ago when I finally came to realize I loved Roger and I wanted to find out if he loved me. I'm this very bathroom. Ha, Ten year together, married for six years with six kids! Everything would be perfect if only dad was still here with us all.

"Mel?" I jumped opening my eyes to see Roger looking down at me with such heart break in his amazing eyes. I gulped looking up at him. "Oh Lovley, I-I'm here."

He sat next to me and pulled me into his lap. "I-I love you!" He smiled kissing my head. " And I love you! " He whispered in my ear then kissed me with so much love!

(Next is Brian going after John! Hope you liked it guys.)