My girl! (CH-7)

Guys it's the 88 th chapter of the full book and the seventh chapter of In his defense!

(POV-Roger)

"I'll be right back Bri." I called back to him, he just nodded going back to his papers. As I followed my wife down the hall she huffed clearly upset that I was following her, but I'm just worried. Something's wrong with her- she's not sleepy, I know having Fred gone hurts her most of all but something else is wrong, I can see it in her eyes.

She got to our room and I slipped inside, gently closed the door behind me.

"Melody?" She gulped facing away from me. I hate to see her like this.

I walked behind her slowly and touched her shoulders. "Lovely, what's the matter?"

I whispered rubbing them. "N-nothing!" I shook my head with a sigh. When is she gonna learn that I can read her? I groaned resting my head in the crook of her neck, I closed my eyes smelling her shampoo mixed with her rose perfume.

I placed a gently kiss on her skin making her sigh. My hands went to her waist and I pulled her tighter against me. "I've told you time and time again love, I can read you like a book." She gulped and twisted. So, she was facing me.

Her eyes were on the verge of tears and it broke my heart to see my girl in pain.

Gnawing away at her lip, she reached up to cup my face in her shaking hands.
"I-I  just-. " She sniffed and put her head on my chest, wrapping her arms around my neck.  "You what?" I asked softly and started rubbing small circles on her back.

"I love you! " She said it softly but powerful before she looked up to stare into my eyes. "You- Roger, I don't know what I'd do without you!" She started to really shake in my arms.

I'd be nothing without you!

"I-God-Roger!" She sighed and kissed my jaw a few times. I closed my eyes holding her tighter.

I wanted to tell her I didn't know what I'd do without her, My best friend, wife and mother of my children, my everything! My girl, the love of my life!

But now is her time to tell me what's wrong, what's on her beautiful mind. So, I just continued to rubbed her back, hold her tight and give her my full attention.

She stopped kissing my jaw so I opened my eyes to look down at her. "Mmm-."

"-Come here." I whispered pulling her with me to our bed. I sat down and gently pulled her onto my lap sideways. So, she could rest her legs on the bed and her head on my shoulder. I shivered feeling her warm breath on my neck. Stay focused Roger, here her out !

"Now, say whatever your feeling Mel. No matter what it is- just let it all out-." I smiled at her to try and calm her down. "-I'm here." I said kissing the side of her head.

I looked into her eyes and saw love, confusion and pain.

My poor baby!

She twisted so that she was facing me, with her legs and arms holding me tight,  basically she's clinging to me.

"R-R-Roggie, I love you so much- I -." I smiled when she pulled back but it dropped when I saw her face covered with tears.

"I- just - with my dad gone, don't g-get me wrong- I know I still have my Mum and-. " She sniffed and I took the chance to kiss her nose to try and make her feel better. "I-Brian and J-John and P-Peter - We have so many people in our lives that care and love us but-." She stopped and just shook her head chewing on her poor lip.

"If I never had you- If I didn't come to understand the love I could feel for someone and the love that person would give me! I mean look at us Rog!"