Breakfast Breakthru

(POV-Roger) (January, 17 1988)

Mel and I walked down the steps and I was suprised to see basically everyone in our house. Jim, the kids and Brian all sat in the living room. Deaky was sitting at the dinning table talking to Mary and Fred and Pheobe wre bickering in the now mess of a kitchen. Brian looked up and smiled being the only one who seemed to notice us at the steps.

"Hello guys!" Mel smiled walking to sit next to him and pull Rory in her arms. I smiled and headed to the table sitting with Deaky and Mary. "How was it?" Deaky asked with a smile. "Brilliant thank you! Absolutely no construct of time." Mary made a face and I was going to explain what I ment when a plate was sat in front of me. It made me jump. I looked up to see Pheobe smirking at me. "Yea- well now your on a tight scedual bud!" I blinked. "We have videos to do and a few more songs to record." John said in his normal calm voice. I turned to look at him. "We agreed invisible man would be it on the music videos." He shrugged sipping his tea. "It changed." Pheobe said walking back over with more food.

"What? Why?" I asked confused. I was gone two weeks and so much has changed surrounding the album. "Fred." Brian said walking into the room. "Yea?" Freddie asked looking up from his cooking, or atempt at cooking. I smirked because he had egg on his face. I didn't want to ask. Probably Pheob's doing after all they were fighting. "No-sorry, I was explaining to Rog why we're making more videos." Fred make a face then smirked at me. "What songs then?" I asked as Brian sat next to me. "Scanndel, headlong, Breakthru and the titled track." I blinked. "B-but we ready recorded it. Invisible man with Johnny's brother." Deaky looked down and Brian took a breath. "What?" I looked around the room. "Foods done!" Phoebe screamed directly behind me making me flinch. I did'nt even know he was behind me again. He smirked at me putting more dishes out. Melody walked into the room holding Rory's hand with Jim and the twins following. "Yummy!" Felix smiled climbling into an empty chair. "Wash your hands first!" I said smiling at him. He got back down and Deaky stood. "I'll help you." Felix smiled up at John and they went to the sink. "Thank you Deak." Mel said happily drying Rory's hands gently. I clearly wasn't getting answer yet so I stood and took our daughter. "Thanks." Mel said smiling giving me a quick kiss. I winked and sat Rory in her chair. Richard walked and sat next to his little sister. Jim smiled and sat next to Fred.

Everyone was seated and eating but my mind was still hung up over the video talk. "Why did you all do album talk without me?" I finally asked. Brian looked up from his vegetarian breakfast and inconspicuously motiond to our led singer and my new father- in -law with a move of his head. I huffed crossing my arms.
"I should have known!" Fred keep his head down eating. "Really Fred? You wanna change the title of our album? The title we all agreed on after I showed you the song? Let me guess to one of your songs right?" Deaky gulped and I saw Mel's face from the corner of my eye. She tenced not wanting any fights. "Very observant of you Colombo." Pheobe said smirking on the other side of Fred. I glared at him and Fred finally looked up at me. "What are you gunna do about it Rog? Lock yourself in a cupboard?" He asked in a monatone voice but cracked a sly smirk. Melody's eyes gew and she snickered. I turned to give her a look and she covered her mouth with her hand trying to hide a smile. "You think this is funny?" I asked upset. She should have my back! After all she's my wife. She shook her head no but a small snort escaped her. Mary and Pheobe chuckled. Mary quieter than him. Deaky gulped and Jim and Brian huffed.

"That's it!" I said slidding my chair back in one fast move pushing off the table as I did. I stood giving Fred a look then glancing at Mel before starting for the steps. "Roger! Roger stop!" She called but I keep going. "I've said it once before and I'll say it again. Roger, there is only room in this band for one histarical queen!" I flinced at Fred's words for a moment being taken back to '75. I had made it half way up the steps when Mel grabbed my arm. "Roger, come on just-just hear my dad out." I rolled my eyes. "Please! You know I-I don't want any bad blood between anyone. Please!" She begged making the face she knows I find adorible and very hard to be angry at. I huffed but started back down the steps. She held onto me arm walking with me.

"Why did you find the need to change it?" I asked crossing my arms again. Mel stood beside me playing with her hands.Brian stood up walking to me. "Best we talk this over upstairs." I blinked and he had pleading eyes so I did what he asked. "Alright." He smiled sadly and I followed him up the steps. Very confused and not at all as angry. He went to a guest room and I sat on the bed. Our dog followed and sat at my feet. Brian huffed and shut the door. "What's going on?" I'm confused and just want to understand why they think they could do this. He gulped and sat down next to me. "First off you shouldn't have flipped out like that." He said strongly but was looking down playing with his hands that were resting in his lap. "We were told that with the popularity of our past videos and just the music video dinamic all together that we needed to make a few more. More than just invisible man." Brian said calmly looking up at me now. "And Fred wanted to change the name of the album because of a few different reasons. One being he felt Miracle fit better with everything." I frowned. "He feels like we have all been blessed with them so why not? With a song of the same name just name the album after it. I find it astonding he thinks that way after all he's been told and has to deal with!" Brian was harsher now and I did feel bad for my outburst. "We picked the songs because they all mean something to us. Breakthru is your song about Mel. And her short lived depression right?" He asked and I took a breath. She dosn't knkw I told Brian the reasoning behind that song. I shook my head and he smiled. "There you go! Two Roger Taylor originals on the album and made into videos!" I smiled rolling my eyes playfully. "But Bri I have a vision for that song. With a Train and all That's why I made the music the way I did!" He smirked. "We know." He said crossing his arms. "And?" I asked and he smiled. "Fred, he wanted to make the video come true to your imagination. He may have added a few touches but still." I smirked. "Right. It's like him to... What so we-he got a-a train?" Brian snickered. "Yep!" I shook my head standing. "No way!" He laughed standing. "He did Rog really!" I scoffed. "No!" He smiled crossing his arms.

My eyes were wide standing with my band and wife. We were all looking at the large train in front of us on location for the Breakthru video.

"A-A real Train!" I laughed turning to Freddie gripping his shoulded. "Shut up! Fred, you got a real train!" He smirked at me and Mel gigled. "Richard would flip out!" She said smiling. Deaky smiled next to her. "Oh all the kids have and already seen and took rides Mel!" She smiled wider. "What?" We asked shocked together making Brian snicker. "They sure had a blast too!" Freddie smiled. "Well dears we had to have our own fun why you we'rere off on lovers island!" Mel blushed and I just laughed. This is the craziest yet coolest thing Freddie as ever done. "Now lets make an amazing Video darlings!" Fred said flashing his white smile followed by a wink. I shook my head looking back up at the train. Painted to have our look and even our new album name.

Miracle express!

It did fit nicessly. Nice call Fred.

Updated🚂

Love you✌