Whatever floats your boat

(Hope you like this chapter guys)
(It's now the start of 1988)

(POV-Mel) (January of 1988)

Roger winked at me and I left the house with my mom. I can't believe my dad was serious. He sent invitations out to who knows how many people. It's kind of scary to think of all the people that would most defiantly show up to my wedding. I wanted a small one with just the closest people in my life but I guess that's not happening now. I know my dad means well and just wants to help with the' shot gun wedding' but still I'm worried. Mom started to slowly back out when we heard someone yelling for us to wait. I rolled the car window down and saw none other than Phoebe waving his arm frantically to get our attention. "I'm coming along!" He called when mom stopped backing up. He got into the back and smiled at me. "Brian is calling the girl's and there'll meet us at the shop." I smiled at him as mom continued backing up. "This is so exciting! My little Melody finally marring little Roggie boy !" Mom hummed looking at him from the review mirror. "Your Melody hum?" He smirked at her and squeezed my shoulder. "Okay, partly mine, to be far you and Fred did all the fun work!" Mom blushed focusing on the road. 'So that's were I get it?' I thought watching her drive. Dad is so outgoing with sex talk or sexual jokes but mom is embarrassed like me. And Phoebe didn't even make a real sex joke. Well not the standard kind he and dad make anyway.

I took a deep breath looking at myself in the mirror. The first wedding dress of the day and I was so uncomfortable. It was to poofy and over decorated for my taste, it looked more like something Princess Diana would wear, not so much me. I gulped when someone knocked on the dressing room door. "Ready Miss Mercury?" I closed my eyes, it's Sarah the lady that was assigned to help me find my perfect fairy tail wedding dress as the manager said. When the name Mercury was used everyone in the high-end shop, including what shoppers are here freaked out. 

"Y-yea." I walked to the door and Sarah opened it. "You look wonderful!" She smiled wide at me and I looked down. "T-thank you." I mumbled and went to the small stage lined with Mirrors. My 'party' sat in front of it waiting. "Wow Melody!" Ronnie said with a smile. "You do look breath taking my dear!" Anita chimed in with her own warm smile. My eyes went to my mom who was tearing up with her hands over her mouth. She simply shook her head mumbling that she agreed and I was beautiful. I smiled at my feet. "Give us a twirl!" I looked up to see Phoebe smiling and making the twirl motion. "Come on now we need the full view Mel!" I took a breath and slowly turned to show the back and sides of the dress. It's very heavy and has a large bow at my lower back with pearls all over the lace and like I said it just isn't me even if I do look 'breath taking' or 'beautiful' as the other's have stated. "Well I think it's perfect!" He said smirking. "I-I think it's rather poofy!" I said blinking. "No Brian's hair is poofy this is classy!" He said smirking with his arms crossed. Anita scowled at him but he didn't even acknowledge her. "Leave Bri alone!" Ronnie snapped. " The most important input is yours Miss Mercury." Sarah said standing to the side. "Um." I shifted on my feet. "Maybe try a-another I-if it's not to much trouble." Sarah shook her head smiling at me. "No trouble at all! This is your wedding day and your dress so you can take all the time you need Miss Mercury." I smiled and lifted the large skirt and slowly walked off the stage. 

"Alright option twenty Miss Mercury!" She said walking to me with yet another dress. We have all been here almost four hours and nothing has felt right. I feel bad for taking all her time but as she keeps reminding me she's working. "It's not so over the top, Miss Mercury." She smiled unzipping the protective bag. "Thank you. Um Sarah?" She looked up from the dress. "Y-you don't have to call me Miss Mercury. Just Melody or even Mel is fine!" She smile bright. "Thanks Mel." I relaxed a tad after that because in all honesty she isn't to must older than me so being called Miss Mercury was strange. I wanted to bring it up sooner but I was to nervous to say anything. It is her job to address people like that but really I'd rather just use first names after all I use hers.

"What do you think about this one?" She  asked holding it up for me to see. She was right it's not as over the top but it's still very princess like and I get it, I do -I'm Melody Mercury only child to one of the biggest performers on earth, Freddie Mercury, and dad has stated that no expense shall be spared on this wedding, like I'm really a princess or something. And yea Roger Taylor is the closed human being I've ever seen to match that of a Disney  prince charming but still this just isn't me.

She chuckled putting it down carefully. "This stuff just isn't you. Is it?" She asked sitting next to me. I huffed shaking my head. "N-no." She smiled at me. "People think because I'm Freddie Mercury's only child I'd be like some rich brat or something but I-I'm just not. I was raised not to be a little entitled rich kid and I'm so thankful for that. M-my parents really knew what they were doing bringing me up and I want to instill what they did in me, in my kids." She smiled wider and took my hand. "Your so amazing!" I scoffed. "N-no I'm really not!" She chuckled and stood up. "What about your mum? Dose she still have her dress?" I blinked never even thinking about my moms old dress. "Gee I-I don't know." She tapped her finger on her leg. "Want me to get her for you so you can ask?" I smiled. "That would be wonderful Sarah! But wouldn't you rather I get something here?" She shrugged. "Maybe my boss but I want you to be happy with your dress and feel comfortable in it. This is going to be one of the biggest days of your life! other than like there birth of your kids and Your getting Married, Honey not to just any guy but ROGER TAYOR!!!!! I know your almost married and you have kids and all but he is so dreamy and I'm sorry I think so." 

I laughed standing. "Hey I had to get used to the fact that Girls everywhere around the world are dulling over him! Posters on there walls and all that!' We laughed together. "I'll grab your mom!" I smiled and she walked out closing the door behind her. I took a breath sitting down and not to long after there was a small knock on the door followed by my moms voice. "May I come in darling?' I smiled. "Yea mum." She opened the door and smiled. "So nothing speaking to you?" She asked looking at the dress on the table. "No." she turned to me smiling at me. "Say mum do you still have your old dress?" she smiled tilting her head. "M-my wedding dress?" I smiled shaking my head. "Well somewhere. Why would you really want to use that old thing?" I smiled. "Well I've always loved it! You looked so beautiful on your wedding day and it's way more my style than anything in this shop." She smiled taking my hand. "I-I think I can dig it out for you and we can make sure everything works. I-if you really want to use it." I hugged her. "Yes that would be perfect thank you mom!" She laughed rubbing my back. "It's nothing special Mel. I got it dirt cheap at a thrift shop in a little shop in London yes and yeas ago!" I chuckled. "It's perfect mom!" she shook her head. "Um the only thing is it doesn't have a vail. I never had one. Maybe we can just get something here." I smiled and we left the dressing room ."Where is the next dress?" I smirked at him. "I have indeed found my perfect dress!" Everyone sat up right. "I thought you didn't like that last one?" Anita asked. "Oh I-I didn't. I'm going to use my moms Wedding dress." Ronnie smiled. "That's a great Idea!" I smiled. "I'll look for a vail." I smiled at her and she walked off. "So the one she married Fred in?" Anita asked standing followed my the others. "Yes!" Phoebe huffed. 

"I've seen the pictures Mel and it's nice and all but this is a grand wedding! Your basically marring prince charming!" I chuckled. "Yea and with your father doing it all it will be very grand and over the top no doubt!" Ronnie said and Anita shook her head agreeing. "That may be but I still say my mums dress is perfect!" The girls smiled and phoebe smirked. "What ever floats your boat Ms. charming!" I smiled at him and mum came back followed by Sarah. "All set then?" She asked smiling at me. "Yes thank you so much!' She laughed handing me the bag with a few things in it. "No trouble and congratulations on the wedding!" I smiled hugging her quickly then we all exited the dress shop. 

"So next we need to swing into a sexy night gown shop. Something lacy and red! I think I know just the shop lady's. Your wedding gift from me to Roger for the honeymoon!" I groaned and he snickered.

(Hey guess so she's found he perfect dress. Her moms old dress!! Wedding soon.)

 (The guys are going to make a video before the wedding and Mel's friend will be back in the picture before the wedding. Also the guys will record a song too but that should all happen in one chapter. So the wedding is almost here!!!)

Love you guys.

thanks for reading and stuff