Johnny

By this point they have been together 15 months. Roger has turned 33 and this chapter is Melody's 17th birthday! She is six months along, but no one knows who the father is.) 

(POV-Mel) 

November 11th 1983

I woke up feeling kisses all over my face and someone whispering my name. I opened my eyes and smiled seeing Roger over me. "Happy birthday!" He shouted and started bouncing to making the bed rock.

"ROGER STOP!" He just laughed and keep going. "Is someone a grumpy girl and on her 17th birthday?" He chuckled and I groaned kicking him off the bed. He fell on the floor with a thud. "Why you little rotter!"

He screamed making me smile. I opened my eyes and giggled. "Well you won't let me sleep! All I want for my birthday is to sleep Roger!" I rolled over. He got in bed and pulled me closer to him.

"But I want to do something special for it Mel!" I rolled my eyes. "Roggie, I just want to sleep the day away okay. I-I know my dad won't bother to call or anything!" He huffed. "You don't know that Mel. Your mom said she'd straighten him out!" I rolled my eyes.

"It won't matter. Just let me sleep okay?" He kissed my neck. "But Melody, I already planned the day out for us. Please!" He was mumbling against my neck. "No Roger!" He started ticking me. "Please, please ,please, please Mel, Please I won't stop until you agree Lovely!"

I was laughing and trying to get away but couldn't. I groaned fed up. "Alright FINE just stop!" He stopped so I got up to get ready. He smiled and pulled me into a loving kiss.

But I was right. My dad didn't call. It broke my heart because he has always called every birthday he couldn't be there for, he would always call, even when he was with Paul. Jim was nice enough to call and he tried to make up an excuse  as to why my dad didn't come to the phone but I knew why. When the day was finally over I got back into bed, but I didn't get to sleep. My mind wouldn't let me. Roger was fast asleep next to me and I couldn't do it. I acted like it was the best day because Roger put so much into it.  Then the next morning when he got up to go to the studio, I pretended to be asleep.

He and John work on the album together and Dad and Brian work on it together so they all don't have to be in the studio at the same time. Dad's idea and Roger was happy to go along with it. Brian is accepting now. I guess my mom, or John made him understand and forgive Roger. He's basically his normal self around us now. He is even helping me think of baby names. Roger still says it's a boy, but Brian thinks a girl. I'm happy to have Brian back. To quote Roger. "Two members of Queen down,one to go!' If only it were that easy. My dad will never come around.

(November 14th 1983)

I went out with my mom to shop for Roger. I wanted to get him some Christmas gifts. I was walking in the store with mom. We went to a rack of shirts and she started looking at them. "Cutting the shopping close aren't you Mel?" She smirked at me. "I know I-I just, he's a hard person to shop for! I thought maybe something drum related, but he already has everything!" She laughed at me. "I know what you mean." We split up to see if we could find anything good. I was surprised when I saw Johnny. He saw me and smiled. So, I walked over. "Hi Johnny!" I was nervous to see what he'd say. I never really leave the house since I'm showing now, but the media is gonna say what it is. I just have to brush it off. Surprisingly they haven't guessed Roger or anyone around Queen as the father. Being six months along is exciting! "How are you?' He asked looking me over a moment. "I-I'm good. And you?" He smirked. "Good." He said looking at the shirt he had in his hands. "Just  wanted to go shopping for somebody." He smirked. I smiled knowing what he meant, most likely that boy he likes. "So, you told them then?" He frowned shaking his head. "No, as far as they know, we are just friends. He wants me to tell them, but I-I'm still freaked out they'll  freak out and kick me out or something." I shook my head. "What about you Melody? Seems like they know your news." He smirked. "I-I didn't know if I should believe the papers about you or not." He said putting the shirt back on it's rack. I sighed holding my bump "It turns out having Freddie Mercury as a dad isn't as cool as you thought!" He frowned. "Why?" I moved closer to him and whispered. "Well, I-I'm going to have a-a baby, and he's angry, he won't talk to me." He frowned. "WHAT?" He hugged me, carful of the bump. "why? This is his grandkid!" He whisper yelled still holding me close. I laughed as he rubbed my back. "He's not happy at all Johnny." I gulped being let out of the loving hug. "So, he freaked out then?" I chuckled. "That would be an understatement. He won't talk to me, and he hates the father." I looked down. "Well he'll come around!" I smiled looking up at him. "That's what everybody keeps saying, but I-I don't think so." I shrugged. He looked me over. "You look amazing!" I smiled looking down. "Thank you Johnny." He was holding my hands smiling at me. "There you are Mel, look what I found." I turned and mom froze looking at Johnny. "Oh hello." She gave me a look. "Mom, this is Johnny, I met him when I went to the doctor. Um- he knows I'm a Mercury, and I he just started talking to say congratulations on the big news." Her eyes grew. "Nice to meet you Ms. Austin." He held his hand out. Mom smiled and shook his hand. "You as well Johnny, are you friends?" She asked still confused. 

"Um. Yea we are." I smiled at Johnny and he giggled looking down. "I was in the waiting room too. My mom saw Melody and told me to go talk to the beautiful girl! So I did. My-my parents don't know that I-I like guys, not girls." He mumbled the last part. She smiled finally understanding. "Oh-oh! Well I'm sure they'd be understanding dear." She patted his shoulder. "So, are you shopping for your boyfriend too Mel?" I smirked. "Yep." He smirked. "Maybe we can help each other then!" I smiled taking the things my mom had. "Sounds like a good idea!"

After we finished shopping we all went out to eat, and I found more out about Johnny.  He is American, but I already guessed that part. He is sixteen and loves music. He has two half siblings but he is the oldest and his dad was in the army. His dad is really strict so that's one of the reasons he doesn't want to tell them the truth about himself. The woman at the doctors is actually his step-mom but she is the only one he has ever known so he just calls her mom. And his boyfriends name is Tim, they just started dating a few weeks back. Tim is seventeen and British. David Bowie and my dad are there favorite performers.  I invited Johnny over to my house because I knew Roger was at the studio. I thought maybe I could introduce him to Phoebe or Jim so they could talk to him about how they went about explaining everything to there family when they were younger.

"Your house is so cool Mel!" Johnny said walking in. I smiled at him and he sat down on the couch. "Thanks I-I live with my boyfriend now actually. I haven't lived with him too long though. I used to live with my mom. After my parents split, I stayed with her because of my dad's touring and all." I went to the phone and called Garden Lounge.

"Hello?" I smirked. "Hi Phoebe, what are you doing?' He snickered. "Nothing right now. Me, Jim, Brian and your dad are in the living room." I gulped. "What are you doing?" He snickered. "Let you guess!" I rolled my eyes. "Scrabble?" He laughed. "Bingo darling! Brian is winning and it's pissing your dad off. It's funny to watch really." My dad yelled. "Bug of Phoebe, I'm winning!" I smirked hearing him sound so happy. Brian started laughing. "You wish mate!" He snickered in the back ground. "Jim's playing too." I smiled. "So, I was wondering if you could get away. I-I have a friend and he needs some advise on stuff."            

"What kind of advise? Fashion?" I rolled my eyes. "No, he- hold on." I put the phone down and walked over to sit with Johnny. "So, I have a kind of uncle. His name is Phoebe, and I was wondering if you'd want to talk to him about stuff, since you don't really have someone to talk about that stuff with?' He smiled. "Sure. That would be great actually!" I smiled and went back to the phone. "You there?" He sighed. "Yep." I smirked. "Okay. So, I was hoping you'd talk to him about well, um liking guys and stuff. He doesn't know how to tell his family, and he just needs someone to talk too."                    

"Sure Mel, but why not let him talk to your dad?" I gulped. "Phoebe no!" I already read his mind. "To late!" He chuckled. "Freddie, I have a young friend that needs advise on liking other boys! Will you talk to him? Help him out? You to Jimmy!" I rolled my eyes. "They said yes. Bring him over, Bye!" I rolled my eyes and hung up. "Come on Johnny." He stood. "Where are we going?' I gulped. "My dads!" His eyes grew. "Garden Lounge? I'm going to Freddie Mercury's house?" I smiled at his excitement. "Yea. Phoebe is my dads assistant and my dad and his boyfriend agreed to help you out. Oh and Brian is there too." Johnny gulped. "Wait so I'm meeting Freddie Mercury, and Brian May?" He gripped my arm. I shook my head, and he started jumping up and down. "Come on!" I pulled on his arms to get him to the car . 

John pulled up and got out. "Mel?" I smiled at him. "Hey Deaky, this is Johnny, my friend and I'm taking him to Garden Lounge to meet my dad and Bri." John smiled at Johnny. "Where's Roger?" I asked a little afraid because he should be done at the studio if John was. "Said something about shopping for you. Wanted me to check on you. I guess I'll tag along to Fred's. Just to help you out. Brian is there but still." I smiled at him. "Thank you Deak!" I gulped, and we all got in his car. Johnny was quiet, but had the biggest smile on his face.

I hope dad doesn't give me the silent treatment, or freak on me. I'm sure he'll be the greatest host to Johnny. Attest I hope so.

What do you think?

Was this chapter okay? Brian is friends with Roger again!