Sunshine?

(Two months later. POV-Roger)

I was headed home from a band meeting. We all came to the conclusion that we should stop touring all together. We had'nt even been gone that long for the King of Magic Tour when Fred got in such bad shape. We all agreed that we will contunue to be Queen because our last album proved to us all that we were missed and because all Fred wants now with what time he has left is to make music.

It's been about two months since he's told us all the truth about his sickness and since then Mel had spiralled down into a depression. I hate to see her like this. Hurting like she is, she begged me not to tell the others how much the news effected her because she dosn't want them, but mostly her father worring about her. She said he already has enough to worrie about on his own. So I agreed reluctantly and would just tell the others She's fine.

If I could only reach her and make her smile again.

I took a breath when I entered the quiet house. "Mel?" Not a good sign with twin boys that just turned two and a one year old little girl. I
took a breath and shut the door quietly. I started looking around for her not wanting to wake the kids if they were sleeping. It's the most likly scenario. The phone rang and I ran to answer it in time. "Hello?"

"Oh good Roger." I smiled hearing Mary's voice. "I-I have the kids here with me." I gulped. "I-is Mel feeling okay?" I asked fearful. Mary dosn't know about Fred yet. He made me, well everyone promise not to tell her just yet. I'm making to many promises to the Mercury family.

"She said she wasn't feel to good so I offered to watch them. They are actually naping right now." I smiled. "Thank you Mary. I just got home actually and you called." I sat down on the arm of the couch. "Well how did it go? Seem like it'll be a good album?" She asked excited. "Oh yea. Bri has a nice song. I want it now or something like that. Um Deak is playing with an idea." She chuckled. "What about you and Fred? Anything yet?" I gulped. "Um well he wont tell anything just yet. Says he wants to suprise us and as for m-me I'm working on one but I don't know if I'll actually show them." She scoffed. "And why not?" She asked sassy like making me chuckle. " I-I um The invisible man dosn't seem like a song they'd like Mary. I was actually kicking it around back when I was making my solo. I-I never finished it and I just started looking over it again. Thought maybe we could use it but I-I don't know."

She hummed. "Well keep working on it and then show them! Your Queen. No musical bounds can hold you remember Rog?" She asked chuckling. "Oh yea-yea I remember." I took a breath. "Well I'll let you go. Have Mel call me." I smiled and we said our goodbyes. I looked at the stairs knowing the only other place for her to be is upstairs. I started up the steps and heard one of our earlier records playing. I smikred when I heard it fully. I'm in love with my car! Really love? I chuckled and  went straight to our room gently pushing the door open. I looked inside and saw her laying in bed with her eyes closed but she was mouthing the words.

I smirked and went to sit on the edge of the bed. "I'm in love with my Mel." I sang along with myself on the record. Her eyes opened when the bed moved and I sang the last line letting her know it wasn't on the record. I gulped looking her over in my shirt with messy hair. She's been crying again and she looks even smaller than when I left.

I huffed and frowned at her. "Baby." My voice cracked with that one word. "C-come here Lovely." I said touching the spot next to me. She sat up and crawled to me. Sitting on her bare legs next to me. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her head. "Have you eaten today?" I whispered. She didn't answer and I groaned.

"Melody!" She sniffed snugging closer to me. "Please." I said looking down at her. "Please Mel you-you need to eat!" She was looking into my eyes with such heart break.