mystery man

(POV-Mel. One week later).

May 8th 1983

"My don't you look handsome." Roger was standing in our room fixing his suit. Well it will be our room once I finish moving in.

"Yea well it was Freds idea to dress like monkeys for this show." I smirked helping him fix it. "Speaking of my dad." Rogers blue eyes found mine. "Um -I just-I just he hasn't said or done anything since the studio. What if he freaks out again?"

Roger took my hands. "He won't. To many witnesses anyway." He snickered. I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed. "Roggie, this isn't funny!" He frowned and got  next to me on the bed. "I never said it was. Look Mel, I'm just trying to lighten the situation." I smiled at him and touched his face gently.

"You healed up nicely in a week." He smiled. "But this one is still noticible." I carefully ran my fingers over the mark. "So, I'll just tell the crew to only get this side of my face. It'll be okay." I shook my head standing. "No I-I'll fix it." I walked to the bathroom and got some make up. He was fixing his hair when I walked back.

"Here." His eyes found the make up in my hand and he shook his head. "No." I smirked. "Come on you were in full drag last month!" He rolled his eyes. "For a video!" I smirked. "Yea and this is also for a video!" He shook his head. "No it's a TV show, not a video Mel."

I rolled my eyes. "Sit!" He frowned but sat on the bed again. "Good boy." He smirked pulling me on his lap. "No I'm a bad bad boy." I rolled my eyes and started covering the mark. His eyes were locked on my face. "There." I smiled and kissed his lips quick. "Alright let's get this over with." I smiled and stood. He took my hand and we went to the car.

I gulped walking down the hall holding his hand. The little dressing room was packed out with familiar faces. "Brian, John, Pheobe, Jim, my mom and dad. I was surprised to see her. "Hi eveyone." I waved looking down. Roger squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

"Roger you did it wrong!" Pheobe huffed pulling him away from me to fix whatever he was ranting about. I gulped looking at my dad. He was sitting on the couch with a drink, talking to Brian. Jim was whispering to my mom amd John smiled.

He put his bass down and walked over. "How are you feeling today Melody?" John asked low. "I'm okay thank you John." He glanced at my dad and Brian. "They'll come around." I smiled looking away when my dads eyes locked on mine.

"Hopfully." I whispered looking away. Roger walked over and smiled at John. "Ready for the show Roger?" John asked still smiling. "You mean fake playing and moving our mouths to a recording? Always ready Deaky!" John chuckled.

Mom walked over and hugged me. "How are you? Have you stopped getting sick?" I frowned. "No." Roger rubbed my back. "But Roggie is always there to make me feel better and help me." She smiled. "You wouldn't be feeling sick if it wasn't for him!" Dad said angry.

I gulped not daring to look at him. "Fred." Jim warned. "Well it's the truth isn't it Jimmy? He did this, caused her to be this way!" Dad snapped. I closed my eyes feeling Roger take my hand.I

"Freddie, the way she's feeling is because she is expecting our grandchild!" Mom defended. She can always hold her own against my dad.

"I will not have a grandchild at my age thank you Mary!" She rolled her eyes. "How do you think I feel Fred? But we can't change this!" He stood about to open his mouth. "Fred NO!" Jim snapped. "Don't say that! At least not in front of her!"

I gulped closing my eyes tighter. "No say it!" Roger snapped stepping closer to my dad. "Rog don't!" Pheobe snapped steeping closer to him. John took my hand and smiled sadly at me. "No. I want to hear it! Go on then Freddie!" Dad growled stepping closer. "No please not again." I whispered.