Thirty-seven

NANAPOV:
I was never more disgusted in Semaj then at this very moment. I couldn't believe he had the nerve to disrespect me the way he just did. I didn't know what had gotten into him but it wasn't like him to treat me like this. I drove home to go to sleep.

After sleeping for a good few minutes I felt the urge to throw up so I rushed to the bathroom making it just in time. I threw up for what felt like hours. The last time I felt like this, I found out I was pregnant with my first child.
When I was done I laid down then I woke up again this time it was my phone ringing. I saw Tanya's name pop up.
"Yes?" I answered.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah I just keep throwing up."
"Just go to the doctors and take the test."
"I got my appointment tomorrow."
"Semaj was a straight asshole today."
"I don't want to talk about about him."
"Well look get some rest and just know I'm here for you.Okay?"
"Okay?"

I laid down then went to sleep the next morning I woke up and got dress for my appointment. I wasn't ready to face being a mother again. With Semaj acting out like he was it was making it even harder for me to deal with everything.
"Hello I'm Nina I will be your nurse today , So What brings you here?" The nurse said taking a seat in the rolling chair and rolling over to the bed where I was sitting.
"Well I was told from my last miscarriage that I was not likely to get pregnant again but I've been having symptoms for being pregnant and I want to take a test."
"Well let see if your actually pregnant then we can discuss further options or steps."
"Okay that's great."

Once I took the test she directed me to the ultrasound room. I laid on the bed waiting for her to come back with the results. I was scared and I was a little excited to possibly have the chance to have another baby. I was just worried that this wasn't the right time.

"Hello. Well the results are back." Nina came in and took a seat in the rolling chair.
"So what does it say?"
"Congratulations your six weeks pregnant."
"Really?"
"Yeah so have you decided what you were going to do?"
"I need some time to think about it. This is a lot to deal with."
"Look take your time but just know you don't have forever to decide."
"I know thank you so much."
"How about we take a look at the baby?"
"Okay."
Nina proceeded to apply the gel on my stomach and then pulled out the monitor to take a look at the baby. I had a tears rolling down my face. I wasn't sure how my life was about to be. I only knew I had a chance to have a family.

After the doctors office I drove by the store to check on the building. So far things were playing into it's right spot. I was almost done with the contrustion of the store. Now I was focus on making sure the inventory was done. Also I was doing interviews for workers for the store. While at the store placing orders I got a call from Tanya.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hey baby are you okay?"
"I'm fine." I replied not really excited.
"So how did it go?"
"I'm pregnant."
"Oh my God! Congratulations."
"Thanks."
"Why you don't sound happy? This is a miracle."
"I'm just tired."
"Look I know you thinking about Semaj. But look he is just at rock bottom. He is trying to figure out his life. He loves you that we both know. It's just been crazy for him lately."
"Semaj and I have been through the worst but I'll be damn if I let him treat how Maniac treats you."
"What does that have to do with anything?"
"I'm just saying you allow Maniac to treat you however and you act like that's okay. I'm not about to waste my time with someone who can't respect me."
" You always find a way to bring up Maniac. I know he ain't always the right man sometimes but I love him. I'm willing to stick by his side until I feel like I can't love him anymore. So I hope you feel better. Bye." Tanya hung up the phone.

My best friend was in love with a man who didn't give a shit about her. I didn't even have to energy to focus on her life anymore. I pulled up to my hotel I seen Semaj standing out front.
"What you doing here?" I asked.
"I came to talk to you."
"How did you know where I was?"
"I got the hotel from Tanya. I told her how I wanted to talk to you. So she gave me your information."
"I have nothing to say to you. Yesterday you disrespected me like I wasn't shit. That hurts to see this is how you feel or what you think of me."
"Baby girl- "
"Don't baby girl me." I stopped him before he said anything else
"Nana I love you and you and I both know that I can't live without you."
"Well that's just what you gonna have to do."
"Come on. Can we go inside and talk?
"Fine."
When we got up to my room I sat down in the bed. Semaj pulled the chair from by the table and sat in front of me.
"Talk." I said waiting for him to begin.
"First I want to apologize for disrespecting you like that. I know you are not a hoe and not out here fucking just anybody. I was wrong and I fully take responsibility for what I've said."
"I except your apology."
"Now can you answer my question?"
"The am I pregnant question?"
"Yes."
"Yes I am pregnant."
"So it's still a chance to have a family?"
"Yeah." I said looking down at you fingers.
"What's wrong?"
"I'm just worried I'll get my hopes up and then I will have to face possibly losing my child." A tear came rolling down my face. Then many more after that. Semaj came to sit next to me and held me in his arms. Once again I felt safe and loved. His cologne filled my nose and sent chills through my body.
"Baby girl it's not going to be an easy road because of the things we had to go through. Baby you have to have faith. That's the only way this will actually work. I need you to know you'll be a great mother. I need you to just be careful about your health because it's already a risk to be caring the baby. You are strong and that I know so let's just be happy we are getting a second chance." Semaj said. Then placed a kiss on my forehead.
"Alright."
"So do you feel better?"
"Yeah but you are still on my shit list."
"Look I love you and after talking with Maniac it made me mad that's all. I swear I will never disrespect you like that again."
"You let Maniac play with your mind. I should of figured that's what happen. If we are going to be together you need to know that I don't like Maniac. That's your bro and all that but he is toxic."
"I hear you."
"I'm serious that nigga is no good. I tell the same thing to Tanya but y'all just are not trying to hear the truth."
I knew Maniac was a no good person but at the same time he showed loyalty something that most people didn't. I didn't want to break up their bond or friendship but Manaic was directing Semaj in the wrong way and I needed to try and save him before it's too late.

After talking with Semaj for a little while long we ended up falling a sleep watching tv together. It felt good to have him close to me but I still didn't know if us being in a relationship was the best thing for us.
When I woke up Semaj wasn't in sight. I thought that maybe something came up and he had to leave.
The next morning I had to go furniture shopping for my store so I took Danny along with me. Our relationship was way better than it was before. We hung out way more since the conversation we had.
"So what's been up with you Ms. I don't feel good? Danny asked laughing looking at the rugs hanging on the wall.
"Shut up silly. I've been working. I've been taking online college classes. At the same time I've been working on my store. Which is almost finish. I'm soo happy."
"Why Semaj told us y'all not together no more what he do now?"
"He broke up with me right after we had the conversation in the car. As soon as I got home he made this petty argument then said he wanted to be single. So I left."
"Damn. Why is he doing that? He knows damn well your the best thing besides Prince that's happened to him?"
"Wait what?" I was shocked by the words that Danny were saying.
"Yeah. Semaj has been through the worst of things. Tanya being one of them."
"What happen?"
"He didn't tell you? Well Tanya chested on Semaj with Ty and from there along with other things like her lying and doing more selfish things it tore them apart. The only thing that's keeping them in contact is Prince."
"Wow he said she did some things but he never got in detail."
"That's Semaj he just hold in his feelings and thoughts and doesn't think to give you a heads up of his bullshit."
"I have something to tell you."
"What?"
"I'm pregnant."
"Really? Congratulations."
"Yeah I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel."
"What you mean?"
"Semaj has me thinking that I want to be single and I just want us to raise a family together but I don't want to be no ones baby mama. Also I have the store and college to focus on. Plus after losing the first baby my chances were low and I'll be damn if I get my hopes up for a baby and then it doesn't happen."
"Look you have to have faith. The baby was one of the other things that broke Semaj. Losing that baby hurt him. He really wanted you and him to have a family. He will never be the same after that."
"I know but it's just too many things going on and I want this baby just as much as I always did.  Just having doubts."
"Semaj will have your back along with Tanya , Tori, and Me."
"Your right."
"Just have faith in that things can truely happen and it will."
"I hear you."

After shopping I dropped Danny off then I went home to relax. I ordered Chinese then Watched Set It Off until I fell asleep.

Then next morning I got ready to start my day. I still  had the baby on my mind along with Semaj. I knew I had to figure out things before I lose control over my life. I had a baby on the way and I had to figure out where my relationship stood. Let's not forget opening up my first own store and finishing out college. Things just had to happen.