Behind the scenes - II

Alpha Cain

Chapter 37

Cain Evans, alpha of black moon pack, had persistently requested for an alliance with the Red Moon pack, through letters and in person. Each time, he was downright rejected. One day he called for his friend, who happened to be a witch, to come by his pack to help him with a few things. He was hoping to make changes that might influence Alpha Orion to have him up on his offer. When she finally did come, she was in a hurry to leave. When he asked him what it was about, she told him that she was needed at the Red Moon pack, to attend to an important issue. Hearing the pack name triggered a lot of things inside his mind. He suggested for her to leave immediately. She thanked him and left. That night he contacted her to ask about the emergency. She filled him on how the girl, who happened to be the beta's daughter, was possessed by a vampire. Everyone who knew about the pack knew about the friendship between the alpha and beta. She also told him that she had suppressed the vampire for the time being. Not wanting to seem suspicious, he changed the topic, asking her when she would be returning to his pack. When she came the next day, he asked her about how the girl was doing, trying his level best to not look like a dubious man, he was. When she told him that her life was potentially in danger, he asked her if there was any way to help her. Of course, in her eyes he looked like a kindhearted man, he never was. She told him about how she can be put out of his control if she killed him. She also added that it will add higher danger to her life. Hearing that, he was satisfied and a plan already started forming in his mind. He successfully persuaded her to tell them about the solution minus the danger. Though reluctant, she informed the girl's family, the same. When the war ended, as expected, the girl fell in coma. He took his chance and declared a fight on the pack. If he could not have it by softer means, he might as well have it by force, he thought. He thought he outwitted them by taking his chance when they had their guards down. But little did he know, it wouldn't end well for him in any ways. Conflicting to his expectations, he lost the fight along with his life. The reason Alpha Orion rejected his request, was because of the rumors he had heard about his deceitful nature. Deceitful he was.