Alpha Raden

After lots of arguments with grandpa and refusing the continuous offers from Gabriel to accompany me, I finally left to the Parish pack.

But before I did, I saw to it that grandpa and I were on good terms. I explained to him the reason for my visit. This alpha and the pack had aroused my curiosity by their mysteriousness. I shall as well face them to get myself satiated.

I dropped myself off the car, when I came near the pack. From what I have heard, the pack was huge. I hid my scent and went to the border. When I reached there, the guard on duty sized me up before neglecting me.

Oh no, you didn't.

If that was how he behaved, then he might as well be surprised at what I was capable of doing.

I strode past him, entering the pack. One step inside the pack, I was yanked back to my previous position, with a growl to my face.

"What do you think you are doing?", he shouted.

"Don't you see? I am going inside.", I said nonchalantly.

"That's what I am asking. Who gave you permission to go inside?", he asked not toning down a bit.

If he doesn't reduce his shouting soon, he won't like the end of it.

"A minute ago, you didn't seem to be bothered by my presence. So why bother now?", I shot back.

He was taken aback for a moment, before he composed himself.

"What is your purpose here?", he asked putting on a brave façade.

"I am here to join the pack.", I said.

"We don't recruit anyone. Go away.", he said.

"Are you the alpha? I shall leave only if your alpha says so.", I said standing my ground.

"I wouldn't bother my alpha for you. Go away.", he said slightly pushing me away. But, of course, I didn't move a bit. He seemed shocked but he didn't let it out.

"Either you get me in or I stay here.", I offered him.

He refused to answer me for some time.

After seeing that true to my words, I had been standing there for the past hour, he mind-linked someone.

After talking he turned to me.

"I talked with the beta. He says that the alpha refuses to see you. I tried my best, now leave here before I am being punished because of your persistence.", he said gesturing for me to leave.

I didn't make a move to leave. Eventually he left finishing his shift. Before leaving he gestured the next guard about my presence. Soon many people came to see if I was real. It was becoming chaotic, but I couldn't care less. If this is what shall bring the alpha out, then so be it.

As expected, the guard, who had talked to me earlier, came to fetch me, with an annoyed look on his face. Maybe he got a nice scolding for not sending me away, serves him right. How dare he underestimate me?

I didn't have an ounce of guilt about what might have happened to him.

He didn't speak a word all the time while he led me to where the alpha was, I believe. I took my time studying the pack as much as I can. The pack was indeed huge. It was neat and spacious. There was a decent gap between two houses. At the distance, pups seemed to be training. Before I could explore further, a throat cleared in the background. I turned around to look at the guard holding open a door of the building we have stopped at.

"Go inside.", he said in a gruff voice.

I stepped inside, followed by him. He led me up the stairs and into one of the rooms.

"I have brought her.", he said, once we entered the room.

"You can leave", a voice said from behind the book shelf.

He bowed and dismissed himself. I looked around the room from my position near the door.

"Why did you lie?", the voice asked, but closer this time.

I turned around to come face to face with a guy who was one head higher than me.

The guy was a brunette. He had green eyes contrasting his hair. He was good looking, nonetheless, with a built body.

"Excuse me?", I asked, not quite grasping his words.

"I know you were lying about joining here. So what is your purpose here?", he asked.

I was shocked at the fact that he knew, but I didn't let it out.

"Who told you?", I asked

"What do you mean?", he asked slightly confused.

"It wasn't you who found it. So, tell me, who told you?", I asked with conviction. If there was one thing in me that I believed next to Liza, it was my instincts. And, I knew it had been true the moment I saw his shocked face on hearing my words.

"What are you talking about? I was the one who found it.", he said trying to covering up.

No, you did not. I got the bitter-sweet taste, the moment you trying justifying yourself.

"I ask you again. Who.was.it?", I asked emphasizing each word.

"I- ", he started only to be cut short.

"I was the one who found it."

"Mate..."