Escaping home

The sun was about to rise now. I don't know where I am, but I can track back to my pack somehow once I get out of this land.

It's been two days since the day I woke up and from when Asher gave me the letter. I had it safely tucked at my pant waistline making sure it doesn't fall while I run. Liza hasn't woken up yet, but I could feel her slowly recovering.

Speaking of Asher, he acted like a gentleman ever since my talk with the vampire king. I wished I could have given him a proper goodbye before running away as such.

I checked my surroundings once before resuming my run.

This was the only time when the guards were down. I have noted this pattern for the past two days before getting down to business.

It was the only thing I could do other than the usual chat with Asher. We went to the same place since that day and talked till I was tired of it. We chatted about my family and how I was rejected by my mate. Once, he had told me that the vampire king had called him to ask what we were doing. He told me that he had told him that he was getting to know me as he had developed a liking to me.

I reached the border finally, but there were guards standing there. So I hid behind the tree nearby waiting till they left for shift change. I had covered my scent before leaving the house, so I needn't worry about being caught by my scent.

After about five minutes, the guards were done with their shift. Once they left, I made sure no one was nearby before running past the border.

I have to act quickly before they are alerted about my absence. I ran past trees till I saw a clearing. I moved slowly having my senses on alert. I stood on the center of the road analyzing it. The road was in between the forest making it surrounded by trees on both sides.

The chance of anyone coming was low but the risk of running into a vampire was still high. I wasn't still safely away from them, I could still be caught. Not wanting to take a chance in exploring where the road would take me, I crossed the road and ran past the trees once again.

After sometime, I sat down by a tree to catch my breath from all the running. That was when I felt it, Liza was finally gathering consciousness.

Liza?

I called out for her, hoping to get her attention.

Carol

How are you feeling?

Not so good but better than being caged in. I am sorry. I couldn't protect you in time.

It is not your mistake. They used your weakness against you, you can't help it. We are good now, aren't we?

I could feel her nodding, but she didn't seem to be convinced about it.

Are you up for a run?

I am good for one.

I nodded smiling before shifting into my wolf giving Liza control.

Third person's POV

"King, why didn't we stop her? Wasn't she our captive?", the guard, who had watched Carol slip through the territory not so smartly, asked.

The guards had been called off for her to escape, but she did a very poor job at that. She was as careful as a robber wearing squeaky slippers.

"It was just a distraction. She has her demons to deal with in her pack. Do you know what happened after we brought her here?"