Decisions

After my talk with mother, I decided to have a talk with Kira. I asked Daniel to search about her whereabouts, much to his dismay. While I waited for him to come with his report, I settled on spending some time with dad.

With all the visits throughout the day and him being busy with his work, we didn't have time for each other nowadays. I went to his room to see him looking at a picture of mom and talking.

He was sitting on the corner of his bed with the picture of mom; he kept on the nightstand, in his hand. He held on to it like his life depended on it. Seeing that he kept away most of the pictures, his life did depend on the few he kept around.

I slowly crept inside the room and sat beside him. Upon seeing me he slowly wiped away the tears that had trickled down his cheeks. I rested my head on his shoulder, while he put his arm around my shoulder, taking the picture from his hand and tracing it. She looked the same as I had seen her.

"What were you telling her?", I asked still tracing every inch of her face.

"I was telling how foolish Noah had been to reject you.", he said.

"Dad? I need to tell you something."

He nodded for me to continue.

"Yesterday, I talked with Noah.", I said.

His eyes widened at that.

"He said he loved me."

He continued to look at me, prodding me continue, confused as to where all this was going.

"I rejected him.", I told and he visibly exhaled.

"But why did you do that? Don't you love him?", he asked looking down at me.

"No dad, my feelings for him died the day I was kidnapped.", I said.

He flinched at the word kidnap. I guess it's still a sour topic for him. I heard from Tah that he had been near insane for the five days when I had been taken away. He had become normal, only when he had heard the news about my location, from uncle. The pack members had thought if he would even become the same man he had been before.

He merely nodded at me before looking at mom.

"Dad, Kira loves him.", I said not taking my eyes from mom.

"That's good. He is a good guy at heart. That girl will do him good.", he said nodding to himself.

"Dad?"

He hummed in response.

"Can you tell me how you met mom?"

"I will. I heard from your mother that you forced her into telling you everything, did you?"

I nodded smiling proudly at my accomplishment.

He shook his head laughing lightly while placing the photo carefully back in its place.

"It was a year after the attack. Orion and I had finished our training just then and were returning home. We were provided with a car to arrive back, but we ditched the ride and decided to go on our wolf forms. We had passed two pack lands and were on our way over here. Just before we could pass on the third pack land which seemed vacant, we smelled our mates. Assuming that the other was claiming what was ours, as his mate and vice versa, we growled at each other while running towards the place where the smell was coming from. When we reached there, two young women were there, combating each other. They seemed to have smelled us too, as they turned towards us just in time. We both fell hard that instant. Our growling stopped eventually, when we found that it was just a misunderstanding. After that we sat with them and heard their stories. We felt bad for their family and promised to give them our full support to find them. When we came back, neither of our families was happy that we had rogues for a mate. When we explained them that they were from the pack that was recently invaded, they tried to be understandable. Keyword is try. Hana and Melaine did not have what could be called the best beginning with our parents, but they were getting at it. Most of the time, they remained to themselves. They were still trying to get some clues about their parents but to no avail. Some days Hana would go missing and wouldn't be back for a few days. She had told me that she went in search of clues. I tried stopping her, and telling her to wait for us to find something, but she never paid heed to it. After a few tries I gave up and left her to it. That was what I thought had happened again, when she went missing, during the time she was pregnant with you, until she had been gone for months. I tried tracking her, but I couldn't get any proper lead. When she returned back hurt, I scorned my ignorance.", he said sighing.

"She was truly something.", I said concluding.

"That she is.", he said.

Later after Daniel brought the address, I dressed up and went to meet her.

I knocked on the door of the place, I was given address to.

I expected at least a red-rimmed eye Kira, but what I didn't expect was a Kira who was primed up and looked like someone leaving somewhere.

She looked questioningly at me.

"Well, can we talk?", I asked nervously. I was no good in this confronting thing.

After a moment of hesitation, she stepped aside opening the door wider and motioned for me to come in.

I sat on the couch that was there in the living room. She placed some water on the table before settling herself on the opposite of me.

"I heard that he rejected you.", I blurted not knowing where to start from.

She simply shrugged as if it didn't bother her in the least. Anyone with eyes could see the hesitation in her before she shrugged.

"He confessed to me yesterday.", I blurted again. I really need to prepare what I should talk before I think of confronting anyone.

"If you came here to rub it on my face, the door is that way.", she said in a hoarse voice pointing to the door while looking at me in the eye.

"No, no, no, I came here to talk truce with you. I wish you would give him a chance."

"What do you think you are doing? Do you think you are a saint, giving away your mate to me?", she asked, her tone sinister.

"No, I didn't mean it that way. He needs a person who cares and loves him. I can't be that person for him. If it is any comfort, I am leaving the pack."