Story of Elias Hyde

Kira's POV

"Elias?", his father asked, rather confused.

I knew that he was an old member of the pack, but I didn't think the alpha would actually remember him.

"Yep, it's me Elias Hyde, the one and only. It is nice to meet you again, friend.", the rogue said smiling at him. He visibly flinched at that.

Friend? What? Noah seemed to share my confusion, seeing his frowning face.

"Why would you kidnap her?", her father asked him.

"Wouldn't you want to know?", he prodded them looking at me through the corner of his eyes.

He dragged me to his front before putting a knife at my throat as he had mentioned before. Goddess help me, I can't die this young.

"What do you want?", Ethan asked.

"Simple, you give me half the land and the alpha title and I shall give you the girl."

"That is all? And you shall leave her out safe, right?", the alpha asked him.

"Yeah, that is all."

"If that is -"

"NO!"

"Noah?"

"No, you shall not be granted any such thing. It is the girl that you want, right? You shall have her.", he said.

Everyone gaped at him shocked except for Elias.

My heart broke into million pieces. It hurt more than when my mate had died. From the first time he courted for me, I knew he liked me only for my alpha status, but I thought he changed with time. But it seems he didn't, and that hurts. I can now understand how it must have hurt her when he rejected her. A small negligence as such hurts a lot, I can't bear to imagine the pain she had to go through.

"Hear that dear, that is the kind of mate you have got.", he said smiling sadly at me.

Before anyone could talk further she and another guy entered the room.

"We heard a shout so we came rushing.", the guy explained.

"Who is she?", Elias asked.

"She is my daughter."

"Is she only your daughter? Isn't she his mate?", he asked pointing at Noah.

"I rejected her. She is no longer my mate.", Noah replied.

"Rejected? Orion, he says he has rejected, is it true?", he asked looking at him with shock which everyone could decipher was fake.

Alpha Orion, seeming to know where he was heading to, nodded meekly.

"What have you done about it? Where have your principles gone? Or does it not apply to your family?", he shouted the last part.

Alpha and the beta flinched at that.

"Elias, I can explain -", alpha started.

"Explain what? Explain how I was thrust out of the pack? Explain how I lost my rank? Explain how the love of my life left me for her mate?", he shouted.

No one answered him. The room was filled with silence.

"I know rejecting my mate was wrong, but if it had not been for your foolish principles I wouldn't have been made to leave the pack and my love wouldn't have left me. I rejected her because I actually loved my girl, unlike your son here."

He took the knife from my throat and pushed me forward before continuing.

"Now you shall have my blood in your hands and the guilt for the rest of your lives."

Before anyone could react he thrust the knife to his neck and dropped dead.