Behind the scenes - I

Elias Hyde

Chapter 25

Elias Hyde was the gamma of the Red Moon pack. He had recently returned back from his training and had taken up his position along with his friends Richard and Orion, who took their positions alongside their mates. He still hadn't found his mate, but he couldn't care less in finding one. His true love was the girl he had met during his training. He loved her so much so, he considered her as his mate. They had both decided to reject their mates, when they do find them. Two months into his work as the gamma, he had to go to attend to a pack affair, to another pack, representing his alpha and friend, Orion. That was the day he found his mate. One look at her, he rejected her without any ounce of hesitation. It was his first step at defying his wolf instincts. His mate, nonetheless to say, was shocked. Within moments, the pent up tears came out and she ran away crying. To add on to it, he didn't feel guilty about it. Later that day, when he was returning back, he felt his mate die through their bond. That was when his wolf stopped his communication with him. Later when his friends found out about the same, saying they were not a bit happy about it, would be an understatement. Orion, being the alpha, banished him from the pack. He was shocked to say the least. His only comfort was that his lover was still with him. He had been living as a rogue for a few weeks by then, when he finally met her. He told her about how he had met his mate and how he was banished for rejecting her, ending him as a rogue. She gave him her fake sympathy, which he blindly believed were true. He was also kept in the dark about the fact that she had known all these even before she had met him that day. Apart from that she had also found her mate, whom, unlike him, she hadn't rejected. Her visits after that were getting less frequent. Deciding on surprising her, he went to meet her at her pack. When he did go there, he got the shock of his life. There she was, walking around in the arms of another man. She was smiling up at the man, like she had done with him. Heartbroken, he returned to the place, he called home then. As usual, when she came to visit him, after weeks, with reasons for her delay, he confronted her. She laughed at his face saying, he was her mate who was a respectable warrior of his pack, unlike him, who was a rogue. The truth slapped him on the face. She said that, now that he knew the truth, it saved her from the unnecessary visit she had to pay him in the future. Before leaving, she also added that, he had been a fool to have rejected his mate. Fool he was.